Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Highest round count LMT 308?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Highest round count LMT 308?

Anyone know...is there a report available? Thank you.

Feedback Score
    Scots guards had their first L129 barrel replaced after 25k approximately or so they said in the technical package training day for the NZ rifles ( which are slightly different and select fire too).

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Well that is impressive. I know they are built like a tank but 25K rounds...very good.

Feedback Score
    I’m not so sure the Brits have been completely happy with them. They have had some issues with ball ammo feeding . These guns (at least the 3 examples I’ve shot) seem really overgassed to me. My SR-25 ACC is significantly softer as was the POF Revolution I shot the other day. These LMT’s shoot very closely to say a M&P 10 etc but the 18” SS barrel is insanely accurate... the LMT with the 18” is practically a .5 moa gun with 168 FGMM or at least the one I shot was.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taksan View Post
    I’m not so sure the Brits have been completely happy with them. They have had some issues with ball ammo feeding . These guns (at least the 3 examples I’ve shot) seem really overgassed to me. My SR-25 ACC is significantly softer as was the POF Revolution I shot the other day. These LMT’s shoot very closely to say a M&P 10 etc but the 18” SS barrel is insanely accurate... the LMT with the 18” is practically a .5 moa gun with 168 FGMM or at least the one I shot was.
    I've had a lot of time behind a 16" MWS with a SS barrel. In my experience, the stainless barrels aren't really that accurate. MOA or slightly better, perhaps, but they're not solidly sub-MOA performers. It shot best with 168 FGMM, which is what most of the MWS' seem to like.

I had a LOT of FTF issues for the first 160 rounds (1 every 10-20 rounds), using some lower-powered NATO ball surplus. A call to LMT confirmed that the guns need ~200 rounds or so to break in. After that, there were no more issues. But, still, $60-100 in ammo just to "break it in" was fairly frustrating.

They do seem over-gassed. As heavy as the gun is, you'd think it'd be a soft shooter, but no. It kicks pretty damn hard for what it is.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Mine shoots very soft with the PWS FSC30 and Strike Industries Flat Wire Buffer Spring.

I got my LMT used with 500rds fired...hardly any wear anywhere.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyyr View Post
    I've had a lot of time behind a 16" MWS with a SS barrel. In my experience, the stainless barrels aren't really that accurate. MOA or slightly better, perhaps, but they're not solidly sub-MOA performers. It shot best with 168 FGMM, which is what most of the MWS' seem to like.

I had a LOT of FTF issues for the first 160 rounds (1 every 10-20 rounds), using some lower-powered NATO ball surplus. A call to LMT confirmed that the guns need ~200 rounds or so to break in. After that, there were no more issues. But, still, $60-100 in ammo just to "break it in" was fairly frustrating.

They do seem over-gassed. As heavy as the gun is, you'd think it'd be a soft shooter, but no. It kicks pretty damn hard for what it is.
    You say " not very accurate, just MOA". 2 of 3 of my MWS are or were sub moa. My last barrel will kick out some .5 MOA groups.

But IMO, MOA is fine for these battle rifles. I also find gas guns more difficult to shoot good groups with, but you can settle in.

I've never had a malfunction with all types of ammo and run a can always.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 06-14-18 at 17:41.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    My 16" CL is a 2 MOA shooter with M80 ball ammo...I personally havent ran any match ammo through it yet...but I'll take 2 MOA using a AP PRO...its a battle rifle...not a DMR.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thehun View Post
    My 16" CL is a 2 MOA shooter with M80 ball ammo...I personally havent ran any match ammo through it yet...but I'll take 2 MOA using a AP PRO...its a battle rifle...not a DMR.
    Get a box of that American Eagle 168 match it’s usually about 40% less then FGMM ... these guns REALLY like this stuff! 👌🏻

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Thanks for the tip.

These guns are tanks...that is all I can say.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast