Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Highest round count LMT 308?

Feedback Score
    I'm looking for some of that ammo now. Thanks for the info

Feedback Score
    Ordered some 168 and 178 eld match ammo to see how it shoots and I have some sierra TMKs on the way to load up. Going to start with 4064 and see how that works accuracy wise suppressed.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    This guy knows how to run a LMT 308: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5VDuafD1uo

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have a buddy that recommended i purchase an sr25 but after reading about the LMTs in this thread I’m going to go that route instead. For the price of the Knights I can get an LMT and a decent optic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcr5595 View Post
    I have a buddy that recommended i purchase an sr25 but after reading about the LMTs in this thread I’m going to go that route instead. For the price of the Knights I can get an LMT and a decent optic.

Similar but VERY Different guns in feel when you’re actually running them.... I shot them both extensively before I decided to buy a SR-25 ACC ..... The SR is just a class act.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcr5595 View Post

SR25 is an amazing piece of kit...but you won't make a bad choice with the LMT...each has its pros and cons...why I always wanted an LMT is its reliablity, accuracy with regular M80 and the one piece forged upper. She is a tank and I am proud to have a LM8MWS...I am however very itching to test out a 308 Bullpup (more than likely the T7 so the LMT "might" be leaving me).

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Another question...I do not like the factory TQ wrench...I found a Seekonk MR1 that has a 13lb/ft preset....do you all think an extra 16 in/lb will hurt? 140in/lb is about 12 ft/lb....13 ft/lb is 156in/lb....figured the cheap chinese TQ wrench would lie on that 140 number.

Feedback Score
    So the gun did not like any of the loads I cooked up for the hornady 168 or 178 ELDs. It also did not like hornady's factory loaded ammo with the same bullets. I had one almost promising load with the 168 at the high end of what I loaded, so maybe some hope there. The sierra 168gr TMK on the other hand shot great. Every load was around 1 in or less, with the best being .65". So it looks like this is where I should spend my time. I may try some more Hornady's, but the TMK shot so much better it was ridiculous.

I also ran it suppressed with no issues for the limited rds I put through it.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    One barrel I had really liked loads that were too hot. It wanted my Bolt gun, primer popping ammo to shoot sub moa. 168 TMK's work. But did the same load as your TMK with ELD's shoot for shit ? Thats strange if thats correct.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    All my loads were on the lower to middle for weight. I loaded the same range of powder charges for both and a few more at higher charges for the ELDs. The only one that was even half way decent was 43gr. Of 4064. They were all loaded to mag length.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast