Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Highest round count LMT 308?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    All my loads were on the lower to middle for weight. I loaded the same range of powder charges for both and a few more at higher charges for the ELDs. The only one that was even half way decent was 43gr. Of 4064. They were all loaded to mag length.
    Come to think of it, we have had most luck with 4064 but if your barrel is finicky you may want to try Varget. My only finicky barrel liked Varget loads. But if your happy with TMK's, just stick with what works.

Goo luck

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Come to think of it, we have had most luck with 4064 but if your barrel is finicky you may want to try Varget. My only finicky barrel liked Varget loads. But if your happy with TMK's, just stick with what works.

Goo luck

PB
    I was hoping to get better accuracy with at least the factory ammo. I have plenty of the 178s left, but I’m trying to decide how much of my time/resources I want to put into the ELDs vs pushing what seems like the easy button and going with the TMKs. The goal is sub moa and it would be sweet if I could keep them super sonic to 1k yrds.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    You should be fine to a 1,000, super or not. Rock those TMK’s until you get bored. Then revisit when you have the energy.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    You should be fine to a 1,000, super or not. Rock those TMK’s until you get bored. Then revisit when you have the energy.

PB
    Sounds like a plan. I picked up another box of TMKs to continue development. I'll try the ELDs in my R700, but I need to work up a load for the 195gr TMK first.

Feedback Score
    The best accuracy for my 16'' CL is with Hornady 155gr A-max Palma Match ammo (suppressed and unsuppressed).

I can get consistent 10rd groups @ 1 moa with this ammo, not so much for 168/165 gr though (They usually run 1-2 moa).

I was really surprised the 168gr Hornady and Federal match ammo did not perform as well.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I think even LMT recommends 155gr...the 16" CL likes lighter rounds...it shots regular M80 ball very decently as well.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Dues View Post
    The best accuracy for my 16'' CL is with Hornady 155gr A-max Palma Match ammo (suppressed and unsuppressed).

I can get consistent 10rd groups @ 1 moa with this ammo, not so much for 168/165 gr though (They usually run 1-2 moa).

I was really surprised the 168gr Hornady and Federal match ammo did not perform as well.
    FGMM 168gr shot well. Again approx 1moa. I haven't tried the lighter match bullets, mostly because of the paper specs of the B.C not being as good. Although, ball ammo shoots surprisingly well, I would say around 1.5 moa if I were to make a guess (I didn't measure). I need a better optic to get the group size down, the 3-9 mk4 is not the best.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Well...my LMT will see the chopping block soon...what I mean by that...16" to 13.5" and pinning my FSC30 on it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thehun View Post
    Well...my LMT will see the chopping block soon...what I mean by that...16" to 13.5" and pinning my FSC30 on it.
    That sounds...unpleasant.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    FSC30 is not that bad.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast