Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Highest round count LMT 308?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    Thanks. I still have some things I want to try, like an OCW with the 155 & 168 to see if what I came up with will test ok. I'm also going to load some 178 ELDs for the 700 and see how they do, the 195 TMKs aren't working as well as I hoped. Maybe someday I'll get to shoot for fun instead of load development.
    Yep, either hunt or slap steel for some fun shooting. Figure it out and come see us.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Yep, either hunt or slap steel for some fun shooting. Figure it out and come see us.

PB
    Will do. I'll get the load tweaked and mass produce some ammo so I can come check out the range up your way.

Do you know of any other factory ammo that shoots good besides the MEN?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    Will do. I'll get the load tweaked and mass produce some ammo so I can come check out the range up your way.

Do you know of any other factory ammo that shoots good besides the MEN?
    I have some TAP 168 ELD'ds and the Ubiqitous 168 or 175 FGGM. Those are match type ammo that will cost you a $1.00 a round. Maybe more. I buy higher end ammo from BoneFrog when they have it in stock and prices are good..
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Mine doesn't seem to like the 175 FGGM. The 168 worked good. I tried the 168 ELD and was disappointed, but it wasn't the TAP.

Feedback Score
    Which 175 FGGM? The .308 or the 7.62 version? There's a lot of negative feedback with the .308 version in these guns, multiple issues. Not so many with issues for the 7.62 version, some lots perform better than others in these and similar rifles, accuracy wise. It's a bit of a pain in the ass, but try out different samples from different lots to either buy in bulk or avoid.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    Which 175 FGGM? The .308 or the 7.62 version? There's a lot of negative feedback with the .308 version in these guns, multiple issues. Not so many with issues for the 7.62 version, some lots perform better than others in these and similar rifles, accuracy wise. It's a bit of a pain in the ass, but try out different samples from different lots to either buy in bulk or avoid.
    I've never even know there was a difference. Thanks for the heads up.

PB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    It was the 308 version. I'm not sure hunting down different lots is worth it for me. It shoots good through my 700, I'll just leave it for that. The 168gr was pretty good in the LMT if I remember right, I'll see if I have any more of it lying around.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I just ran into my bunker to see if I had 7.62 or 308. My 175 grain was 7.62 and my 168 was 308. Ill watch that in the future and also check accuracy of each. Even though its not apples to apples.

PB

Feedback Score
    For the Federal 168 SMK loads, don't skip over the Federal A76251M1A option to try out. The 762 M1A 168 GR OTM can be a better choice overall in these compared to the FGGM 168 offering. It's worth it to try them out in my opinion at least, they have done well for some guns over the regular FGGM 168.

Feedback Score
    I'll have to try the M1A flavor.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast