Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 25k jump, no chute

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

25k jump, no chute

There's nads of uranium and then there's this guy. This seems to one of the greatest feats of skill and daring in human history: 25k jump with no chute to hit a 100'x100' specially designed net. No human has ever done that. Yet, it seemed to get little press when it happened a few years ago. The one guy did land in a bunch of boxes wearing a wingsuit, which was amazing enough, but this is insane.

Maybe a some starlet got a new butt lift that day and the media et al missed it? Every time I watch this it makes me stomach tighten, even knowing how it ends. Years of prep went into it. Imagine the feeling when the guys around him pulled their chutes and were gone and he was alone making minor adjustments? Imagine the number of variables that all had to go right, and the few that if they'd gone wrong, and splat. Imagine realizing that you were off say 50ft and you were not gonna make it...

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I watched that live when it went down.

Insane in the membrane.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    I'm looking forward to seeing the tech that went into the net being used for high rise rescues, if ever.

Feedback Score
    ****, he didnt exactly nail the center. I saw the wingsuit one, never this one.

Feedback Score
    WOW! That is just insane.

Feedback Score
    Sadly, he will do some stunt one day that will kill him.

But yeah, it was incredibly insane. I'm guessing he rolled onto his back (I couldn't tell) right before impact.....you wouldn't want to be bent backwards as you slowed from ~ 126mph terminal velocity. Wonder if it knocked the wind out of him?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Fine line between brave and stupid. I think this falls into the stupid category. If it paves the way towards some nifty high rise escape doohickey then it’s not stupid. Just to say you did it - stupid.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Dude is totally sub-moa.
    Hitting that at 25 miles..
    Per Ardua ad Astra.
    STS - gone but not forgotten.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by polydeuces View Post
    Dude is totally sub-moa.
    Hitting that at 25 miles..
    Wonder what his ballistic coefficient was?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Is he the same guy that did the space jump several years ago?
    ~Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.
    Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast