Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Binary trigger?

Feedback Score

Binary trigger?

Do you think it's worth the price for a binary trigger, or a waste of money? Still trying to build my pistol and getting some ideas

Feedback Score
    Maybe its just me, but I find a fire on release trigger to be a horribly unsafe idea, and would never even consider using one

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Bonesteel View Post
    Maybe its just me, but I find a fire on release trigger to be a horribly unsafe idea, and would never even consider using one
    That, by definition, would violate the NFA rule of 1 round per trigger pull. No?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Youd think, but apparently the atf sees differently. Legality aside, still seems like a horribly unsafe idea to me

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Completely meme tier and autistic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I put a binary and a trigger crank on my AR "pistol" (wink-wink, it's just as good as an SBR). I can rain pure homestead defense death with a single point sling and and a Sightmark.

One. Man. Wrecking. Machine.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Bonesteel View Post
    It is just you. The Binary Trigger is much safer than a full auto trigger, but I don't hear apocryphal warnings about full auto. I've been using a Binary Trigger for almost two years, including letting others try it, without any safety issues at all. Anyone who is going to do something unsafe with a Binary Trigger, such add point the rifle in an unsafe direction with the trigger held back, is going to be just as unsafe with a normal trigger.

Gaigeboyd, to answer your question, I do not think the Binary Trigger was worth the money in any practical sense. There's no denying that it's fun and it's much easier to control than full auto. A shooter might, with practice, use it to full advantage shooting at speed in competition or perhaps during training. However, using it do will get strange looks. It's certainly a cheaper alternative to a transferable machinegun. But after careful consideration, I have decided to not use the Binary Trigger in any rifle used for self defense. I don't want to pay my lawyer to explain it if I ever need to defend myself.

In a nutshell, it's twice as expensive as an SSA-E, but much cheaper than a transferable machinegun and a fun way to turn money into noise. If it has a practical application, it will be in a very narrow niche.

P.S. The kids love it and when combined with a .22 upper, suppressor and subsonic ammo, can reduce even a hardboiled veteran cop to giggling like a school girl.
    Last edited by MistWolf; 06-14-18 at 15:09.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    My take: stop spending money on gimmicks and buy more magazines, ammo, and training.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    It is just you. The Binary Trigger is much safer than a full auto trigger, but I don't hear apocryphal warnings about full auto. I've been using a Binary Trigger for almost two years, including letting others try it, without any safety issues at all. Anyone who is going to do something unsafe with a Binary Trigger, such add point the rifle in an unsafe direction with the trigger held back, is going to be just as unsafe with a normal trigger.
    Except that a full auto trigger does not incorporate a "dead man switch". While it is possible in any situation for things to go wrong, its is far more likely in all circumstances for someone to unintentionally release the trigger than it is for someone to unintentionally depress it. If a weapon with a typical firing system( be it full auto or just auto loading) is dropped, it will not decide in mid air that another shot should be fired.

Feedback Score
    I saw a YouTube video a few months back where someone combined a slide fire with a binary trigger and significantly increased the amount of ammo shot(wasted?) per minute as opposed to using either of these accessories by themselves. I can't afford to shoot that much ammo anymore.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast