Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Magnum PI Reboot

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    You guys had it handed to you and you missed it!

If the guy is too short and Magnum P.I. is going to be too strong, it should be "Plus-P. I."

Really proud of that one.... :-)

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    I started watching it and...
    I quit. 5 out of 5 sucks.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post

If the guy is too short and Magnum P.I. is going to be too strong, it should be "Plus-P. I."

Ned wins the Internet for today, folks. Tune in tomorrow, when we'll have more Internet back in stock.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post

There is a condom joke in there too somewheres . . .
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    It may be a decent show. It won't stack up to the original, but it may be worth watching to see if it's mildly entertaining. I do like the reboot of Hawaii 5-0, and S.W.A.T. isn't too bad. (although it has a lot of liberal crap in there at times)

Don't like the casting of a pretty boy as Magnum, or the chick as (TC would say) "Higgy baby". She's just not the retired old world traveled bad ass that the original Higgins was. On it's own, it may be a decent show (for the times), it's just gonna suck because the original show had such a great cast. No comparison.

Side note: I wonder who the mandatory gay couple will be?
    Last edited by daddyusmaximus; 06-19-18 at 01:57.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    Side note: I wonder who the mandatory gay couple will be?
    Lt. Tanka and Col. Buck Greene?
    Agatha, Carol Baldwin (the DA) and the new female Higgins in a threeway?
    Mac and Doc. Ibold?

I don't want to know. I won't be watching so...
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Taran Tactical posted a video on their Facebook of Jade Struck (female competitive shooter and instructor working with Taran) running an STI gun that's apparently used in the series by the protagonist.

The video they posted included some shots of the protagonist using the pistol in the series and...

Yuck.

I never saw the original series, so I don't know if the over-the-top action coated in liberal CGI is true to the original series or not. But...
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Annnndddd this is what I was waiting for, if this was reversed we wouldn't be hearing the end of "Cultural Appropriation" exclamations.

'Magnum P.I.' cast on why rebooted series features mustache-less Mexican-American lead

When Magnum P.I. returns to CBS in September, the show — and its hero — will look a little different. In place of Tom Selleck, Magnum will now be played by Mexican-American actor Jay Hernandez. And that’s not all; his frequent foil Higgins — originally played by John Hillerman — is now portrayed by Perdita Weeks. “We’re certainly not denying the fact that [Magnum] is Mexican-American,” executive producer Eric Guggenheim tells Yahoo Entertainment. “It is something that is acknowledged in the series. But I think we’re very proud of the fact that we have a cast that, frankly, looks like America does.”
    https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...163443893.html

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    Annnndddd this is what I was waiting for, if this was reversed we wouldn't be hearing the end of "Cultural Appropriation" exclamations.

'Magnum P.I.' cast on why rebooted series features mustache-less Mexican-American lead

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...163443893.html
    Maybe he will be gay, too. That way they can check all the boxes.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    I don’t do much care that He is Hispanic, and I can get the update about losing the moustache.

But a huge part of his character was height.

They needed a six two or more Hispanic dude, not a five and a half foot tall guy.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast