Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: mid price range ar advice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

mid price range ar advice

OK,looking for an ar in the $800 +/- range. 18",1/8 (1/7 right gun/price) 223 wylde only. have looked at some here and on broker. brands i am seeing in my price range: rock river,PSA,matrix aerospace,aero prec,armalite and 1 LWRC black rain that i have doubts about due to low price. i do know what LWRCs go for. ruger and smith don't offer wylde chamberings. some brands just have nothing out there good or bad. lucked into a noveske at a firesale price. that isn't happening again. my expensive build in 223 rem is good but it's 223 rem. any input,experience etc appreciated. no,i'm not going to try and build one.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Why do you think you need a Wylde chamber? Consider buying parts and building your own.

Look into BCM, it's going to cost a bit more. Worth saving your money. Or just buy the BCM upper. Save your money and buy a lower later.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Why don’t you just build one to your specs?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’m curious why you want a Wylde chamber when you already have an expensive .223 Rem AR. I’m guessing that one shoots pretty accurately. You’re probably better off getting a 5.56 in that price range or building your own Wylde with a Faxon/Ballistic Advantage barrel.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Also curious as to why you want a Wylde chamber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If I were in the market for an AR with a budget of $800, I would go to the LGS and put a variant of the Colt 6920 or 6720 on layaway. The Colts won't be but a couple-three hundred dollars more and will shoot good enough that you won't notice the 5.56x45 chamber.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    +1 on WYLDE. I have to be careful not to run hot ammo in my Wylde chambered target gun due to excessive pressure.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Skip the Wylde chamber, and buy a Colt 6920. Spending the extra $200 on the Colt is worth it IMO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    Skip the Wylde chamber, and buy a Colt 6920. Spending the extra $200 on the Colt is worth it IMO.
    That's what I would do. Hard to beat with the price as low as they are now. If the sear block is an issue look for a LNIB 6520. I believe the don't have a sear block. My next choice if you can afford it would be BCM. I wouldn't consider a DPMS to be in the same class with either Colt or BCM.
    Last edited by samnev; 06-25-18 at 18:44.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I’ll put a vote in for a Colt. Love my 6720.
    I also do not see any real advantages to the Wylde chamber.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast