Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Down Range Gear (downrangegear.net)

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Down Range Gear (downrangegear.net)

Does anyone do business with Chris at downrangegear.net? For the past few years I've been buying different things from him. Webbing, ITW buckles, shock cord, my kit field repair kit (Best that you can buy) and some different items for mounting molle pouches on my warbelt's belt. Great stuff. Really is. Usually a pretty quick response time. I ordered another field repair kit and he pinged me May 22nd about putting in my empty sewing bobbin and he'd refill it with coyote brown mil spec #69 bonded nylon. That's what I use for any kit mods or repairs. The stuff is as strong as superman. Well we exchanged emails on 5/22 and it's been dark since.

I know he's a one-man show and at times he's been overwhelmed, because there are some gear manufacturers that use some of the stuff he's created. They have a big order, Chris in turn has a big order. But he's never gone dark this long. He's a former Marine, based out of 29 Palms.

So just wondering if anyone else out there had done business with him lately. Or heard from him lately. At this point I'm more worried about him than my $19 bucks.

THanks!
    RTT
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    I ordered from him about 2 weeks ago. Zero reply! Have you heard anything yet?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeywrench View Post
    I ordered from him about 2 weeks ago. Zero reply! Have you heard anything yet?
    Fortunately I was able to reach out to a friend of his who told me that Chris is overwhelmed with some pretty large custom orders that’s had his nose to the grindstone. Being a one man show means something going to suffer.

The stuff I ordered isn’t critical so I’ll just wait until he comes up for breath. It’s been just over a month since I got an email from him. I know he’s good for it and can breathe better knowing he’s just overworked.
    Is your stuff mission critical or can you wait?
    If your AD or LEO and need whatever you ordered I can try to reach him through his friend. PM me your name if that’s the case.

Also if you ordered any ITW bucked or QASM buckles I can probably help you out as I’ve got a good supply. Anything beyond that and shock cord and I’m out of stock. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    No I didn't order anything mission critical and I am not Leo. So I will wait for the items and get them when I get them.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quick update:

I finally received my FRAM-K (Field Repair And Modification - Kit). After 5 months of waiting and 4 months of absolutely no comms. Since then, I've had a couple more LEO's reach out to me and a civilian asking me if I believe they will get their stuff. I think you will, but since none of us are worthy of an email - I really don't know, worst I have no idea when they will get it.

So I decided to contact my person at Tactical Tailor. She's the best. They've done custom work for me before. They answer my emails. They pick up the phone and call me if they have a question about my order or custom work I need. If you've ran any of their kit, you know their gear is as solid as it comes. I contacted my POC this morning to see if they'd be interested in working with the LEO's who need their help. I don't doubt they will - but they also build a lot of gear on military contract so sometimes it's a matter of fitting my stuff in with existing contracts, so I have no doubt that they will take care of our LEO's.

To me, the most important thing is that our guys, soldiers or LEO have the kit they need to do their job effectively. That's the BLUF. This no comms/5 month to get your item is BS.
    Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 10-17-18 at 11:35.
    ~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Robert - I used to deal with that a lot when we were racing speedway go-karts. It was a small market and there were a lot of folks who were one man shows. It always bugged me when I'd order critical parts that had been damaged - like weight jacker spindles - and not get them when promised.

Maybe I'm an ass (okay I am) but if you are advertising and taking orders the old 'the boss has me working a lot of OT' excuse doesn't cut it. I know a lot of folks were way more willing to accept that than I was.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Robert - I used to deal with that a lot when we were racing speedway go-karts. It was a small market and there were a lot of folks who were one man shows. It always bugged me when I'd order critical parts that had been damaged - like weight jacker spindles - and not get them when promised.

Maybe I'm an ass (okay I am) but if you are advertising and taking orders the old 'the boss has me working a lot of OT' excuse doesn't cut it. I know a lot of folks were way more willing to accept that than I was.
    I hear you.... I believe I gave Chris the owner the benefit of doubt. Even after I got my FRAM-K I still reached out to him. And then Again - just saying “hey, there are LoD guys that need your kit, are you at a place where you can now take care of business the right way??”

Not. One. Word.

So it will be a cold day in hell before I recommend him again or do business again. It’s too bad, but that’s how it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    So I heard back from my girl at Tactical Tailor. She said they are happy to accommodate anyone needing some custom attachment system for your PC and chest rigs. Only caveat is that their custom shop lead time is about 10 weeks. However if you need something for your LEO kit or otherwise, shoot me a PM. I've got a really good relationship with a few of the people there, but especially their custom shop manager and may be able to help in that regard. : : She's is as solid as they come and I've worked hard to have a good relationship with them. So if you need some new attachment system - holler at me. I'll get you pointed to the right person and try to get you squared away. Also if you're wondering, I get nothing from this. Just trying to help and keep anyone from throwing their money away.

Thanks
    ~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    If a company is this backed up why not hire help? I will never do business with him again nor will I recommend him. As of now I still have not received what I ordered and I have emailed and still no response.

Feedback Score
    Thanks to Robert, I went to Katie at Tactical Tailor. They got me squared away. I tried to give DRG benefit of the doubt but a June order with zero word with 2 e-mails spaced nearly a month apart each with no response is a big red flag for me. I get I'm small fry - $35 order. But ANY update would be appreciated. This will be the first and last time I work with DRG - case opened in PayPal to get my money back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast