Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: School me on go to 9mm AR parts

Feedback Score
    I have two complete pistol build with NFA ... Got a AR 9 build and a AR 15 ... Both in a pistol configuration... very please ... My recommendation is a heavy buffer and heavy spring ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

School me on go to 9mm AR parts

Quote Originally Posted by montesf1030 View Post
    I have two complete pistol build with NFA ... Got a AR 9 build and a AR 15 ... Both in a pistol configuration... very please ... My recommendation is a heavy buffer and heavy spring ....
    I have both heavy spring and buffer. What trigger are you using in the 9mm?
    Last edited by Vegas; 02-16-19 at 19:14.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    I have both heavy spring and buffer. What trigger are you using in the 9mm?
    The only one's I know for sure work are mil-spec and JP with the caveat that you are running JP internals, so that doesn't really make it kosher either, but it's an option. Geissele made mine a single shot.

Edit: I'm running a ramped YHM carrier, YHM 9mm buffer and a Wilson Combat heavy spring.
    Last edited by shadowrider; 02-16-19 at 21:06.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowrider View Post
    The only one's I know for sure work are mil-spec and JP with the caveat that you are running JP internals, so that doesn't really make it kosher either, but it's an option. Geissele made mine a single shot.

Edit: I'm running a ramped YHM carrier, YHM 9mm buffer and a Wilson Combat heavy spring.
    I was reading over on Brian Enos that people had good luck with Hiperfire triggers. CMC makes one supposedly for 9mm but after some research seems very hit and miss.

Feedback Score
    2B97FEA2-8DC4-464D-9FDC-329D9F893357.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokin338 View Post
    BCG - JP rifles has some of the best, second is any that copy their style... NO psa 1's period
    buffer - dedicated 9mm extended buffer (7.5 oz minimum)
    spring - 308 spring works good, more money XP or wolf
    receiver extension - any mil-spec tube will work
    barrel - Ballistic Advantage makes some good ones
    I run 2 Colt 6991 10.5 inch carbine/pistol. One is full auto. I found that on the FA that a KAK 10 oz tungsten sliding weighted buffer and a regular carbine buffer works the best. On FA it slows the rate of fire down to about 850-900rps.
    The simi auto l runs a Vltor H2A5 buffer just shy of 7 oz. I found that a 308 buffer spring gives to much speed as it slams another round home. I went to a regular carbine buffer spring after that. I’ve tried every combo and then some. These for me have worked out the best. It’s all subjective though.

Smokin338 seems like he has tried different combos as well. When it comes to 9mm AR’s there is no perfect combo. Both of us have tried obviously. I like what smokin338 has going except the 308 spring(not saying it’s bad). For me I like carbine buffer spring.
    Last edited by indianalex01; 03-29-19 at 22:42.
    Hunter of Gunmen 8541

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234