Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: School me on go to 9mm AR parts

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tacoops View Post
    Have you had a chance to put more rounds through it? How's it functioning? Also, how is the manual of arms? Seems it would be weird using the charging handle after a reload.

Get a LRBHO lower, or a Frontier upper with LRBHO.

Feedback Score
    I have both the Glock and Colt pattern AR9's...……..I love the Glock, it is a QC 10 lower...……...I took the LRBHO parts off and have never looked back...……..If you don't run a magazine dry, stick another one in and keep shooting...…...This thing has been flawless since I sent the barrel to Macon armory for a feed cone rework and it gobbles up everything...……...

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tacoops View Post
    Have you had a chance to put more rounds through it? How's it functioning? Also, how is the manual of arms? Seems it would be weird using the charging handle after a reload.
    Ran another quick 100 rounds of factory ammo just today for a big fat total of about 350. No issues since switching to factory ammo. I don't mind the charging handle deal tbh. It's not like it's a completely foreign mode of use. If you get a bit weak with running the CH, you will experience hang ups on chambering so it's a conscious effort to make sure you run it hard. Bottom line, it's crap ton of fun to shoot, cheaper and you can shoot close in with your steel without cratering or crap flying back at you. It's starting to cool off here so I'll be shooting it more as I come out of hiberation from the covered benches at the club where I shoot

Quote Originally Posted by 6mmAR15 View Post
    I have both the Glock and Colt pattern AR9's...……..I love the Glock, it is a QC 10 lower...……...I took the LRBHO parts off and have never looked back...……..If you don't run a magazine dry, stick another one in and keep shooting...…...This thing has been flawless since I sent the barrel to Macon armory for a feed cone rework and it gobbles up everything...……...
    Everything I have read is that LRBHO is problematic which I why I didn't even bother messing with it. If I had continued with feed failures with factory ammo, I would have sent it to Macon. Seems like they do solid work.
    Last edited by Vegas; 09-23-18 at 22:57.

Feedback Score
    Macon armory is first class...…...he is a guru when it comes to PCC...…….told him what the build was doing and he said he could fix.....he did...….runs like a champ...……...I asked him a question on another build, over the phone and he told me to do two things......to correct the problem.....which it did...…….Macon is go-to for PCC needs...………...simple as that

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    It's bed time. I just took a look at this lower. It might be worth a try.

https://ar15discounts.com/products/d...eid=efb018a0ba

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NQNPIII View Post
    It's bed time. I just took a look at this lower. It might be worth a try.

https://ar15discounts.com/products/d...eid=efb018a0ba
    Looks like a rebadged New Frontier lower but in Glock.

Was out yesterday and now have the round count at 400 with no further issues. Chrono'd my new load against American Eagle 115gr and they are running a little quicker; 1250 vs 1200. My 147gr HST reloads came in at 960fps. Does anyone know what barrel length Federal test their loads with?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    MAC has a video up on Stern Defense, which Brownells recently started carrying. Looks very interesting, I'm tempted to try the magwell adapter and complete upper if they're both in stock at the same time as a 10% off coupon is announced.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    http://www.tridentarms.us/

OP... If you're looking to do a AR9, the owner of the site I just listed was building them before they were AR9's

His run around the 2-3K mark... but I believe he will just sell his BCG's they are worth every penny. I have one of his custom jobs.. Runs like a sewing machine. There is something about his bolts. I've used them in other builds. AMAZING!!!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    For that kind of money I would have probably gone SP5K with brace. That said, decisions were made, gun was built, shots were fired Life is good.

I appreciate the input though.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    So bringing this one back, I’m now looking at an aftermarket triggers. I have been using a Daniel Defense standard trigger which is been reliable but seems slow to reset. I’m running the Spinta flat side BCG. Anyone have any experience using this BCG and an aftermarket trigger that works well?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast