Thread: 6 5/8 or 6 3/4 pistol gas tube

Feedback Score

6 5/8 or 6 3/4 pistol gas tube

So I'm changing the barrel on my 300 blackout pistol and while disassembling the gas tube from the block the carbon has it so tight that I'm just going to leave it. I ran to my local gun store and purchased a pistol length gas tube from bootleg Inc. I noticed that this tube is 6 5/8 in and the noveske pistol tube I had is 6 3/4 in. Will they both work?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by C. Stevens; 03-28-19 at 22:17.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Use the same length as before as it worked.

Clamp the tube in a vise where the tube bends. Spray the block with some penetrating oil and let it soak for a bit. Twist the block back and forth, then tap the block free of the tube with a hammer and brass punch.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Use the same length as before as it worked.

Clamp the tube in a vise where the tube bends. Spray the block with some penetrating oil and let it soak for a bit. Twist the block back and forth, then tap the block free of the tube with a hammer and brass punch.
    I definitely did that and I couldn't twist, when I smacked it with my brass hammer a few good times it bent the tube right where it goes into the block. I decided to abandon that idea and just include the tube and block with the barrel when I list it for sale. I believe I was overthinking this whole thing in hindsight. I ended up putting the 6 5/8 tube in, checking for bolt closure and test firing. Seems to be fine.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk