Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: School me on go to 9mm AR parts

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I ended up going with a BA 5.5" barrel. All I have left to buy is the BCG, buffer and spring. I have seen decent feedback on Spinta and Kaw Valley BCG's elsewhere. Anyone experience here? I did get to check out a QC10 BCG today but at over $250, I'm having a hard time justifying the price when I don't spend more than $200 on a 5.56 BCG.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Have built about 5 with the Spinta one with no issues, mimics the JP one which is the standard. The QC one is a JP, hence the high price tag !

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    I ended up going with a BA 5.5" barrel. All I have left to buy is the BCG, buffer and spring. I have seen decent feedback on Spinta and Kaw Valley BCG's elsewhere. Anyone experience here? I did get to check out a QC10 BCG today but at over $250, I'm having a hard time justifying the price when I don't spend more than $200 on a 5.56 BCG.
    Limited production/market for the 9mm BCG. https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/9MM...s-s/163737.htm I have assembled a Matrix lower and will be testing it in a few weeks. http://www.primaryarms.com/matrix-ar...receiver-ma9gl and yes, if you read the reviews I had to poke a drill to open up the pivot pin hole. No big deal. Little aluminum grains.

The mag release is aluminum, not plastic as the ones on my PSA lowers.
    Last edited by NQNPIII; 07-11-18 at 13:29.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    On sale 5.0oz 9mm buffer from CMMG I actually use 5.1's in my AR47 http://www.primaryarms.com/cmmg-ar-9...mer_Build_cali

https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/KAK...eid=3cabd2f974

Just got this one in the email. 5.4oz
    Last edited by NQNPIII; 07-12-18 at 12:47.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    I bit the bullet and bought the QC10 bolt (Glock) it was and still is pricey.....Im glad I bought it. The QC 10 glock bolt will work in a colt style carbine as well. The bolt is built like a tank. I had an out of battery fire and the only thing that happened was the extractor blew off the bolt and the magazine blew out the bottom. I replaced the extractor and went back to business. They are expensive and with that said I bought two FM products bolt groups in 9mm for less than what I paid for the QC10 bolt. FYI the FM products Colt style bolt will work in Glock too.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I bought the Spinta BCG and of the limited rounds I have shot, around 225, seems to work. I had some feed failures with my 115gr reloads but those disappeared when I tested some factory ammo. Need to Chrono the factory rounds to mimic with my load. 147gr HST ran well. This thing is a ton of fun to shoot. Cheaper than 5.56 and easier on steel close in.

As it sits right now:

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Vegas, what barrel and rail are you running?
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by drtywk View Post
    Vegas, what barrel and rail are you running?
    Ballistic Advantage 5.5" 1/2x36
    New Frontier Armory 5" rail
    Flashcan is a KAK Slimline.

Feedback Score
    Have you had a chance to put more rounds through it? How's it functioning? Also, how is the manual of arms? Seems it would be weird using the charging handle after a reload.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast