Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Pocket Pistol Kahr pm9 questions

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I remember looking at Kahr pistols in the early 2000s. I wish I bought one then. Kahr sent me a fed ex label. The gun went back there 2 days ago. When I get it back I will give it a good flogging.

I read an article about these pistols when they first came to the market. If I remember correctly Kahr's use of the off set feed ramp may have infringed on a patent held by Seecamp. The owner of Kahr did the ethical thing and worked out a fair deal without pissing away time and money with attorneys, lawsuits. Sad to see how things have changed.

I appreciate Ned chiming in on this thread. He has probably forgotten more about guns than most of use will ever know

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Sounds like they are taking care of you sofar..... I hope it goes all the way to "fixed the gun".

Many places, the warranty service is carried out by a person who is not a bad person nor a stupid one, but one who has no knowledge or training on how guns work. What they have is a check box. Customer says gun won't lock back, change slide stop. Customer says gun misfires, change striker / striker spring. Customers says magazine won't seat, change mag catch---- etc. Fire five time and ship it. I hope they do better for you!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post

Sweet baby Jebus!

John Moses Browning (peace be unto him) was the greatest firearms designer that has ever trod the Earth. To be unfamiliar with his initials is a terrible thing.

Now go recite the Four Rules of Firearms Safety 10 times, and sin no more.
    Hello, BOY.

I'm in my late 60s and have been a shooter my whole life. My first center fire gun was a Belgium Browning in 20 gauge. I have owned I don't know how many Browning guns in my life and I damn well know who John Moses Browning. But I did not know people disrespected him by calling by the silly JMB. Understand BOY?

And I damn sure don't need any ass to advise me to read about Browning as I have been reading about his life and his guns since I was a teenager in the 60s. I don't need you advice about safety rules either as I was teaching organized gun safety to youths when I was in my 20's along with being an NRA Life Member since I was 27 years old.

So, BOY you can now go wash you ignorant mouth out with soap for using the name of Jesus as a slur. What an ass!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helix12 View Post
    Hello, BOY.

I'm in my late 60s and have been a shooter my whole life. My first center fire gun was a Belgium Browning in 20 gauge. I have owned I don't know how many Browning guns in my life and I damn well know who John Moses Browning. But I did not know people disrespected him by calling by the silly JMB. Understand BOY?

And I damn sure don't need any ass to advise me to read about Browning as I have been reading about his life and his guns since I was a teenager in the 60s. I don't need you advice about safety rules either as I was teaching organized gun safety to youths when I was in my 20's along with being an NRA Life Member since I was 27 years old.

So, BOY you can now go wash you ignorant mouth out with soap for using the name of Jesus as a slur. What an ass!
    How/where did you get anyone calling Browning "silly JMB"?

BTW, you were the one who asked who or what is JMB, so maybe consider lightening up just a tad.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    I had a pm45 for a few years, always liked how it felt and how it shot but even after the 500 round break in mine would occasionally feed a round too high and catch on the top edge of the chamber, jamming the bullet into the case.

I tried multiple mags, different ammo, tweaked this, fixed & polished that, just wasn’t reliable enough so I let it go.

Someone once posted a Kahr is a great pistol hampered with crappy mags. I think that was true of mine. And it’s the only pistol that I’ve heard multiple people complain of rounds popping out when pocket carrying a spare mag.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I owned a PM9 about a decade back for 2-3 years. Around that time single stack 9s were hard to find, I think it was really just Kahr and the PPS. I ran somewhere around 3k rounds through it with no major failures other than an occasional failure to return to battery which just required a nudge on the slide. This was infrequent enough that I felt comfortable carrying it. Eventually it did succumb to the barrel peening issues and I sold it once fixed.

Fast forward to today and there are more guns in the marketplace that make a lot more sense than the Kahr. My go-to is now a Glock 43 and I would not trade it for a PM9 even if the PM9 is a bit smaller in some dimensions.

I'd take a hard look in no particular order at the 43, Shield, PPS, LC9 and P365. All of those should outperform the Kahr in many ways over their useful life.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckshot1220 View Post
    I owned a PM9 about a decade back for 2-3 years. Around that time single stack 9s were hard to find, I think it was really just Kahr and the PPS. I ran somewhere around 3k rounds through it with no major failures other than an occasional failure to return to battery which just required a nudge on the slide. This was infrequent enough that I felt comfortable carrying it.
    I owned a PM9 in a similar time frame. I found the only time I would have fail to return to battery malfunctions, was with the 7 rnd extended mag, which had a ridiculously longer spring than the flush 6 rnd magazines. If the 7 rnd mag were to malfunction, it would be on loading the first or second round from the mag and would run fine after that. I always carried it with the flush magazine, so it didn't effect me unless I was at the range.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helix12 View Post
    Hello, BOY.

Goodbye. Feel free to return when you understand humor.

By the way, don't assume you are older or more experienced than me.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Just got a reply from Kahr...there is currently a 7-8 week turnaround on gun repairs. Over the last two and a half decades I've sent guns back to Glock, Sig, Smith & Wesson and Ruger. None of them took nearly that long to fix something that shouldn't have been broken in the first place. Not a good sign when a manufacturer is backlogged on repairs.

Feedback Score
    You've sent guns back to the most professional companies in the business. Most are not so prompt. 7-8 weeks is pretty typical. I'm not saying that's acceptable, but it's typical. Also typical is estimating the turn around time by a very significant amount and failing to actually repair the pistol. Send video if you can. I can't tell you how many times I had guns returned with the claim of not being able to duplicate the problem. Video has eliminated that problem.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast