Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pocket Pistol Kahr pm9 questions

Feedback Score
    I have a Kahr CM9; I have fired over 500 rounds through it including Federal American Eagle RN 115 and 147 FP Ball, Winchester 147 Ranger, and 124 Gold Dots. I have had zero malfunctions and find it user friendly. Helps to load first round as recommended by Kahr.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kchen986 View Post
    Carried a PM9 with safety as my pocket pistol for a couple of years, as I'm usually in a suit. Ended up going with a Glock 43. The PM9 is difficult to shoot well, especially with the tiny grip--almost akin to shooting .38 snub noses with full power loads. The trigger also changes based on the # of rounds you have in the magazine--the initial round is light but the last round will be significantly heavier due to the magazine's pressure against the slide. Never had a malfunction with mine, but I know some PM9s had case-hardening issues with the barrel.

Would I recommend it? Not anymore. Try the Glock 43 and the PM9 before you decide.
    My experience exactly.

EDIT: My PM9094NA required a 500 round break-in period before I trusted it to run. YMMV
    Last edited by SiGfever; 07-04-18 at 12:01. Reason: Added information
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I’d have to say the only way to go with a PM9 now is if a G43 etc does not fit in your pocket. I don’t particularly like how it pocket carries so I never went down that road.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I bought a PM9 in about 2005. Kept it for about 5 years. I had a low round count on that gun, about 900-1,000 rounds.

It was reliable when fired. Carrying a spare magazine in the pocket of shorts and found that rounds would slowly pop out of the magazine. On one trip to the zoo with my kids, I ended up with just one round left in the spare magazine by the time I had a chance to go to the restroom and check the issue out.

The gun was a lot like shooting an alloy framed J-Frame. Quality control barrier from gun to gun. I ended up selling the gun. One of the few guns that I have sold in my life that I have no regrets selling off.

Today, if given the choice between a PM9 and a Glock 43, I wouldn grab a Glock 43 in a heartbeat.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Bought mine used about 10 years ago. Never had a problem. It’s what I like to carry in church. You can forget about it and while a round can get lose, I just check before I Carry. Light, slim, controllable, reliable, accurate. Not the gun to do courses with and shoot several thousand rounds, but I think durable enough, and great CCW.

As usual, our friend nails it:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sirRpCHlscw
    Last edited by m4brian; 07-03-18 at 16:32.

Feedback Score
    I've had a CM40 for about 5 years now. Probably 1000 rounds through it. Carry it half the time in an IWB and half the time in a pocket nemesis.

I didn't have any teething issues with mine, but like others have said, not the most fun to shoot for long periods. The trigger is super silky smooth! Reminds me of a well used DA revolver.

I would agree though, that nowadays there are better options.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've had good luck with 2 Kahr PM-9s. Neither needed breaking in beyond the first magazine or two. It is a 9mm with a 5.3" overall length that lends itself well to pocket carry in dress slacks or a suit (though many pairs of dress slacks and suits need to have the pockets deepened by a tailor to make sure that it doesn't print. I bought one in around 2003 and another in 2017. I probably have about 2000 rounds through the 2 guns combined.

I have heard a some stories about them that would give me pause if I were considering buying one. But I have had a very good experience with both of my Kahr PM-9s.
    Last edited by Ed L.; 07-04-18 at 02:22.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    A primer for those trying to interpret all the Kahr models; sticking with just those chambered in 9x19mm for now:

C/CM/CW/CT series = budget line
    K/MK/P/PM/T series = "premium" line

MK9 = micro
    CM9 = subcompact (Glock 26-esque)
    PM9 = subcompact
    CW9 = compact (Glock 19-esque)
    K9 = compact
    P9 = compact
    CT9 = full-size (Glock 17-esque)
    T9 = full-size

P.S. While I realize that Kahr Arms' ideological/religious background is not relevant for some (many?), it is undeniably...different from that of Colt, Ruger, Smith & Wesson, etc:
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ers-are-armed/
    "The nation that will insist on drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking done by cowards."
    William Francis Butler

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I am likely tremendously at odds with the Kahr founder theologically, but he is not a threat to me the same way as say an Islamist government is. I don’t mind buying their guns. I don’t mind buying JMB stuff either and likely have large theological differences with him also. Maybe the most patriotic denomination out there.

They also have a new series, the ST. Rail and 2 mags. Nice guns and according to reports don’t need breakin. I have the Tig model and it shoots very well OTB.
    Last edited by m4brian; 07-04-18 at 08:43.

Feedback Score
    I have a Kahr CW40 that I bought back in 2010. I've fired 354rds through it. It's reliable, but it's just too small/light for 40S&W. If I had to do it over again, I'd buy a 9mm. However, I won't do it over again because I really don't like the trigger. It is smooth, but it's like shooting a revolver.

Quote Originally Posted by LDM View Post
    My present subcompact is a Walther PPS, which I can recommend wholeheartedly. Particularly in summer, my PPS is almost my primary carry using a Galco ankle holster.
    +1 The Walther PPS is a joy to shoot and a much better gun on many levels versus the Kahr. I'd also recommend the S&W Shield, but the PPS is better than the Shield in my opinion.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast