Thread: Flip a coin! rifle and barrel, dang

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Flip a coin! rifle and barrel, dang

Been going over use of weapons and trying to decide on this one. I've been climbing the AI ladder, slowly but surely. I started out with a PSS in an AICS chassis, If I remember correctly the mags were the AE type(single stack/single feed) Worked through that and then went to the AE, the AEII and AEIII. Now have the AT model (6.5CM) and debating the AX. All were sold/traded up along the way.
    Now trying to decide if the step up from AT to AX is worth it. I really don't see plans for a AXMC as I'm no where near land to take advantage of the magnums, I'm at 1200 max here.

The other choice is thinning out and taking advantage of one feature of the AT, quick change barrel. Debating selling the Ruger Precision in .308(new MLOK model) and picking up a .308 barrel to run that when I need or want to.

Right now, leaning on the Ruger sale and adding a .308 barrel for the AT. If I went the AX route, would get it in .308 as I have a spare 6.5 barrel already from Mile High.

Dang it!

Watcha think?
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    For ME.... just me, the juice wasn’t worth the squeeze. Here’s why: I don’t need/want/ care about the big boomers. I can get consistent hits at 1000-1200 yards with my A.I. AT in 6.5CM shooting 147 ELD-M. So, with the AT I can shoot 6CM, 6.5CM, .260, .308, .338 Federal, 7-08. About anything I personally would be interested in. If you aren’t going .300 Win Mag or more, which you said you weren’t, I see no reason to go AX. For me, the AT and my S&B 5-25 PMII does everything I could ask for.
    Just this morning I was out with a buddy at Desert Sportsman Rifle Range here in Vegas. I was making consistent hits at 1000yds. 7.9mils, send it! That’s not even my home range, so it’s great to get out of my comfort zone home range and go other places. Point is, for non magnum calibers, the AT is hard to beat. It will shoot with, or better than many customs. Barrel changes are as easy as can be.

I’m rambling, sorry, but i really love my AT. I can’t see needing more.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The AX is short action only, the AXMC is the big one, long or short action. I'm just considering the AX, but other than want, hard choice considering the cost difference. I'm looking at min 3k to more than likely 3.5k to do this. Right now, leaning the keep the AT route and off the Ruger.
    I know what you mean on the accuracy. I was unable to get a long range the other day so I decided to do a dot drill, 1/2" dots, cleaned the board at 100 which is what one would expect from one.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I’m going to have to burn through some kinda custom Remmys before I can get this deep. Tagged the thread to follow.

Good luck with your progress.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I’m going to have to burn through some kinda custom Remmys before I can get this deep. Tagged the thread to follow.

PB
    Do it!

Leaning on the barrel and maybe twist mama's arm a tad after I clean the house.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    Do it!

Leaning on the barrel and maybe twist mama's arm a tad after I clean the house.
    Everybody has their methods, whatever it takes!!!

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post

PB
    I second the good luck, and applaud the Remmy notation as I get all the hits I can hold with my custom Remmy's.
    Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. Mark Twain
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/mark_twain_386139

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ive been debating this a while to as Im looking to buy my first AI sometime this winter. To me the AX isn't worth the extra 2.5-3k over the AT. The AX has a cooler chassis and a great butt stock, but to me that isn't worth the extra money. Hell the price difference alone will pay for my NF ATACR or S&B PMII.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    I would snag an AX. While the AT is awesome also, you can find as new or even un-fired AX guns for in the low 5s over on Snipers Hide sometimes. I almost snagged a brand new AX SA for $5,100 not too long ago over there. So I'd snag up an AX if you already have another barrel for one. Call up Euro Optic and ask for a discount. They gave me $1,300 off my AXMC.

Here are a few AX just on the first few pages of classifieds. Prob a ton more.

http://forum.snipershide.com/threads.../#post-7269068

http://forum.snipershide.com/threads...ipped.6907652/

http://forum.snipershide.com/threads.../#post-7294319

http://forum.snipershide.com/threads...x-mr4.6899487/
    Philippians 4:13