Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some education on Federal Flite-Control Options

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I can say that all pellets from the 127 load will go completely through a 125 pound deer at 25-30 yards, 4 times. That's what happens when a 15 yo with a nickname "The Hammer" who has a new Benelli SBE II and instructions that nothing gets away! The 127 is a great load with the accuracy benefit.

I found if trying to use tighter chokes it will degrade somewhat.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joffe View Post
    You need cylinder bore for the flitecontrol to do its thing. Multiple independent tests have confirmed that choke constrictions will **** with the flite control and open up your pattern rather than tighten it, as it would with traditional loads.
    Well, that explains a lot!
    *scurries off to find choke wrench*
    The advice above is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chameleox View Post
    Well, that explains a lot!
    *scurries off to find choke wrench*
    But as another person warned me, do NOT shoot it without at least a cylinder choke in it for you will screw up the threading if it threaded for a choke. This point may, of course, be obvious to most, but wasn't to me and I'm glad I read this before I set off to shoot my M4 with no choke in it. Others may disagree, but since flight control has copper plated pellets, I could see this as being a problem for the threading. It may not be for smaller shot, but why take a chance? Additionally you have the plastic from the wadding that can/could/would foul up the threading, effectively melting and then hardening, etc.

Word to the wise and apologies to those saying, "Who didn't know that?"

Last edited by TRSTNG; 06-24-18 at 08:34.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My department issues Federal LE132 for duty use. We use a variety of personally-owned shotguns including Benelli M4s. I've never seen them choke on our duty rounds. Frangible is a different story. My shotgun is alot more modest, I have a Mossberg 930 SPX. The LE132 makes it capable of shooting fist-sized groups out to 20 yards.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I am not having a lot of luck finding the Federal buckshot in any size but 00.

I currently have some Hornady versatite (same as flight control) 8 pellet 00 and some Fiocci 4 buck handy for my shotgun (along with a few slug loads of course).
    Odds of using the 12 guage for social work is basically nil, so maybe I am good with those three.

Andy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12