Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Hysteria on the Southern Border.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunnerblue View Post
    I’m not sure I understand your question. Anyone can present themselves at the border and claim asylum. Their case then goes to an asylum hearing...eventually. Right now I believe the courts are backlogged for years. In the meantime, asylum-seekers are released into the US with a court date on which to appear. President Trump’s new proposal is that instead of being released within the US, those claiming asylum wait in Mexico until their court date. From what I hear it’s off to a rocky start. I can’t imagine that Mexico has any duty or interest in housing non-Mexican citizens in US immigration proceedings.
    And quite frankly, neither do we. They came from the Mexico side of the border, sounds like Mexico's problem. If they don't like it then lock their own borders down (but they don't, you know that right?).

If the asylum courts are backlogged for years, then they either stay in Mexico or stay in detention here for as long as it takes. How you can suggest, if you are indeed doing so, that they are somehow "entitled" to be released HERE and have free reign and run in OUR country (when they have no business being here in the first place) is beyond me. Live in a shitty tent camp in the hot/cold desert for years, I don't care. Or better yet, GO THE F**K BACK!!! To assume that because their sorry asses show up at our border with their bullshit claims of "asylum" ("My country is a shithole and it sucks living there" is NOT what asylum is about) that we are somehow responsible for them is ludicrous.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 03-21-19 at 17:26.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Don’t get me wrong, these aren’t things that I’m suggesting or in which I believe. These are just the facts on the ground.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425