Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Hysteria on the Southern Border.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I'm at the point with this where I'm really unconcerned about locking up someones kids if it fixes this. If I decided to shoplift something and I brought a child along as an accomplice, I'm pretty sure we would be "separated" when I went to jail, so why should someone doing the same crime at an international border be treated any differently?

Crossing that border illegally, needs to be a Felony the very first time someone does it, not the second, third or fourth.
    That is a good analogy. The only difference is that your kids will be released to relatives as quickly as possible. Even if that isn't possible they will not be held under the same circumstances as these children. And, before you ask what we should do about the kids, I got no clue. We have nothing in place other than what they are doing, but I do believe we are doing these kids wrong.

If you recall we put the boat people in places such as Fort Chaffee:

http://ualrpublicradio.org/post/40-y...e-refugee-camp

Conditions weren't stellar, but families were together.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeOtherGuy View Post
    Completely logical. You will persuade no one because the left doesn't use, or often even understand, logic.

You are far too generous and not thinking ahead. We don't want these people here. We don't want them taking welfare, social security, free ER treatment (they aren't collectible and EMTALA mandates treatment), seats in our schools, police and fire services either as victim or perpetrator, etc. We don't want them having kids here who get magic birthright citizenship. If they don't qualify for legal immigration to the T, they need to be sent back, wherever, it's not our problem and we aren't responsible to take in the whole world, or even just the whole world's welfare cases.

A country, a state, is defined by its borders and control over those borders. Look up international law if you like, it's a foundational concept. If the putative country does not control and defend its borders, it is not a country at all.

The current wave of migration is not a soft, fuzzy issue where all can be made happy. There will be winners and losers. We can choose to be winners or losers, but we can't make everyone a winner. The people supporting illegal immigration are largely people who hate the "old white men" who built the USA, and are deliberately trying to make those men, and their descendants, the losers.

As a rhetorical gesture, ask any lefties if Canada or Mexico should be compelled to accept our unemployed, our criminals, and anyone else who was born here but doesn't have a nice comfy place in our society. When they say no, ask them - why not?
    You make good points.

We need to secure the border first. Yeah, when a ship is taking water you bail/activate the bilge pumps, but at some point you fix the leak. We never have.

Why? It is just another problem passed on down to us peons because business profits from the immigrants, legal or illegal, they work cheaper and, for the most part, take jobs regular Americans don't want.

You seal the border, start throwing anyone who hires an illegal in jail - corporations the CEO gets a year, ma and pa lawn service pa gets a month, no questions asked. Then give illegals in the country a drop dead date to self-report, give them temp status (unless they have a felony record), and five years to learn English and become citizens. The problem will disappear inside a decade. Regardless of what we do, it will take time to fix.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 06-19-18 at 13:34.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Bingo. When it's too painful for a business person to hire an illegal, and too difficult for an illegal to join the FSA, then the problem will be solved. They will go somewhere else.

Feedback Score
    Sheer numbers of illegals make it impossible to keep family units together, and keep them safe. Teenage females are separated into their own group as are teenage boys. The third group is adult males and the last group are mothers with small children and adult females. From what I have been told, it's all about safety and the lack of money and facilities to create apartments for each family. Some claiming to be fathers, brothers or uncles turn out to be leaders of the smuggling group or single men. Without precautions, rape and pedophilia/molestation could take place.

And of course we have to call them "migrants", and I guess migrants are gonna migrate. Why not just throw open the doors and let the entire 3rd World migrate here? A giant transfer of the world's population to where the good life is.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    You can have a welfare state or open borders. You can’t have both.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You can have a welfare state or open borders. You can’t have both.*****************************************************************************

Yeah, tell that to the Demoncrats they believe they can.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It, like many other issues, is all about the narrative.
    If you believe these folks are entitled to US Citizenship because they showed up with a story to tell about how bad they had it back home, well, there you go, an instant democrat.
    If you believe dragging a kid physically through several countries, walking, hitching rides and jumping trains only to skip the process to ask for political asylum is child abuse and somewhat hard to prove and sketchy at best because, well, we really don't know if that is your kid because you have no documentation. In that case, separating you from the child until the facts are proven out, only makes sense.
    Kids are different, give them a couple of good meals, some TV and a game box and before long you'll get the truth out of them. They wont stick with a lie just because the adult who abused them wants them to after a bit of love and concern is shown them.
    Hell at this point in my life, I would be more than willing to adopt one of those little rascals rather than send them back or have them work as prostitutes for MS13.
    They would get a great education, learn a trade, and likely become very conservative.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    An article on Reason does a nice job of placing the blame with those who have been passing the buck all along, Congress:

https://reason.com/blog/2018/06/18/d...on-immigration

We have 3 choices as it stands right now:

We can continue with the catch and release approach by giving then a ticket and a court date to return

We can separate them and stressing the limited resources that exist

We can build mass camps where they can all stay together, which will turn into something so ugly it will make everything else seem tame.

Unless some real changes get made, which includes funding.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Lightbulb

Damn EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVIL democraps - breaking up families!!!

I mean... D'oh.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    So what would the libs have us do, just say "Aw shucks, we can't detain kids or break up families so you can all just go free"? Newp, no friggin' way.

WE DON'T WANT YOU. WE DON'T WANT YOUR KIDS EITHER. GO BACK TO THE SHITHOLE YOU CAME FROM. WE DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU!!!

And yes, I honestly and truly feel that way. We are not the world's savior. And as much as I don't want them or their ilk I also seek to deny the Dems what they so dearly desire: VOTES.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 06-19-18 at 16:33.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Why is everyone blaming the Democrats? Boehner? Paul Ryan, Chamber of Commerce anyone? Been to Walmart or box store lately and checked out the accents of the workers?

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast