Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Hysteria on the Southern Border.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Honestly, if you want to fix this on a budget, simply pay five Mexican Generals five million dollars a year to close the border to immigration.
    The problem will not only not cross our borders, it will barely cross the Mexican border.
    Families won't be separated, but they very well may end up in the same hole.
    When you want to fix a complex problem, it pays to keep an open mind.

Feedback Score
    Supporters of both parties want open borders.

Dems because it means new voters

Reps because it means cheap labor

Both parties don't give a damn for the American people.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    Sheer numbers of illegals make it impossible to keep family units together, and keep them safe. Teenage females are separated into their own group as are teenage boys. The third group is adult males and the last group are mothers with small children and adult females. From what I have been told, it's all about safety and the lack of money and facilities to create apartments for each family. Some claiming to be fathers, brothers or uncles turn out to be leaders of the smuggling group or single men. Without precautions, rape and pedophilia/molestation could take place.
    Excellent points.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Excellent points.
    I have no doubt we did it for more benevolent reasons as opposed to sinister reasons. Maintaining control in a detention-type environment (where the "guests" who don't want to be there in the first place are not approving of their accommodations) to avoid the aforementioned molesting/rape is a difficult task more readily solved by just separating people. No one can honestly accuse us of "inhumane" conditions.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Excellent points.
    Yes, which is exactly why this is done. TO PROTECT THE CHILDREN. You know, the same reason the libs want to ban guns.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Hell at this point in my life, I would be more than willing to adopt one of those little rascals rather than send them back or have them work as prostitutes for MS13.
    They would get a great education, learn a trade, and likely become very conservative.
    Not enough folks are willing to do that, good on you.

My wife and I looked into adoption through an attorney in Mexico, that did the adoptions for an orphanage at which a friend had done some mission work.

One of the first things that I learned from the attorney was that the 'orphans' at the orphanage were not actually all orphans. We were told that many of them were from poor families who had left them with the orphanage with the hope of picking them up at a later date, often when they were old enough to help work.

If I recall the details correctly, it has been 18 years, the plan she (the attorney) unfolded for us was to have us become appointed the child's legal guardians to get the child into the United States and then go for the adoption in the U.S. Her part would be facilitating the guardianship. At the time I worked with several criminal attorneys, who in turn knew attorneys that did adoptions, the report back from them was that it COULD work, so we decided not to put all our money into that endeavor.

I can understand that countries don't want to enable/encourage women to become brood stock for foreign adoptions, but there are many countries that have a surfeit of orphan babies. loosening the regulations on international adoptions would give those kids a shot at a good life.

Sorry, for the thread drift, back on topic.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    I have no doubt we did it for more benevolent reasons as opposed to sinister reasons. Maintaining control in a detention-type environment (where the "guests" who don't want to be there in the first place are not approving of their accommodations) to avoid the aforementioned molesting/rape is a difficult task more readily solved by just separating people. No one can honestly accuse us of "inhumane" conditions.
    Well for one thing, our catch and release approach has lead to:

Eye-popping surge of illegal immigrants abducting children: Children 'abducted' by illegals hoping to pose as families at U.S. border

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ilies-us-bord/
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This article points out some of the rhetoric. I wish there was another answer, but the jarring rhetorical license some folks are taking is beyond the pale.

I get it, I don't much care for President Trump, but this is over the top.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...is_137310.html

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    Sheer numbers of illegals make it impossible to keep family units together, and keep them safe. Teenage females are separated into their own group as are teenage boys. The third group is adult males and the last group are mothers with small children and adult females. From what I have been told, it's all about safety and the lack of money and facilities to create apartments for each family. Some claiming to be fathers, brothers or uncles turn out to be leaders of the smuggling group or single men. Without precautions, rape and pedophilia/molestation could take place.

And of course we have to call them "migrants", and I guess migrants are gonna migrate. Why not just throw open the doors and let the entire 3rd World migrate here? A giant transfer of the world's population to where the good life is.
    Pretty much spot on.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Supporters of both parties want open borders.

Dems because it means new voters

Reps because it means cheap labor

Both parties don't give a damn for the American people.
    Exactly. You can't have a problem this big, for this long with out both sides wanting to happen - or at least not willing to give up what they get for what would come.

The odd thing on the adoption angle is that I've said that the standard American family has fallen from 5+ kids to 2+, and to keep the Ponzi scheme of an economy moving forward we need to import another couple of kids.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast