Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 9 mm AR charging handles

Feedback Score

9 mm AR charging handles

Wanted to survey those of you with Colt pattern 9 mm ARs. How many of you have tried different charging handles than the std one? Which ones work and which don’t?

I have a CMMG Mk9T, and it did not like a Bravo Company Mod 4 (failures to feed). I just bought a PRI gas buster for 9 mm ARs (specific variant), so I’ll try that next week when I get out again.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Failure to Feed how ??

Your charging handle is not going to cause this... magazine and buffer & spring will cause this.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I’ve tried the BCM, Geissele and the Raptor all have worked just fine
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    Any handle with a good gas deflecting lip is a nice upgrade.
    I like Strike Industries as a budget option and Geissele Super as a high end option.
    Yea, your charge handle isn’t your problem unless it’s so out of spec it’s dragging on your BCG.
    I’d have a hard time believing a BCM was that far out of spec.
    Last edited by wanderson; 06-22-18 at 05:43.

Feedback Score
    I'm running a BCM Mod 4 on my CMMG (Colt pattern) 9mm AR with zero issues. Not sure what's going on with yours
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokin338 View Post
    Failure to Feed how ??

Your charging handle is not going to cause this... magazine and buffer & spring will cause this.
    I had one failure to extract/eject, two failures to feed, using Brownells and the ASC magazine that came with my CMMG Mk9T. When I switched back to the standard AR charging handle, zero issues. Mind you, I have close to 1000 rounds through this carbine now, mostly using Brownells mags, and never had an issue before hand. Each time I take it out, I use Slip 2000 EWL to thoroughly clean and lubricate everything like I do with my other ARs. I agree with you that it is strange.

Next weekend, I may have time to shoot again (babies and wife permitting). I’ll try the PRI 9 mm AR gas buster and see if I get the same issues. If I do, I’ll call CMMG. I use BCM Mod 4s on all my other ARs (minus my new SR-15), and I never have had any issues with any BCM product.

Feedback Score
    I also use the ambi BCM, no issues.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    I fail to see how a proper charging handle will cause any issue in any AR.

9mm ARs are finicky. If you are having intermittent problems it is somewhere else in the system.
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I have a fairly old CMMG 9mm. It came to me with a BCM Gunfighter charging handle. I have tried the following charging handles: BCM, M4, an unremembered brand ambi, and PRI Gasbuster. The only one that works is the BCM. The others bind to the bolt or receiver, or something and physically prevent charging the weapon. This is not just a little bit of extra friction. It gets completely tied up. The BCM works fine with a PRI latch, also.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I have a fairly old CMMG 9mm. It came to me with a BCM Gunfighter charging handle. I have tried the following charging handles: BCM, M4, an unremembered brand ambi, and PRI Gasbuster. The only one that works is the BCM. The others bind to the bolt or receiver, or something and physically prevent charging the weapon. This is not just a little bit of extra friction. It gets completely tied up. The BCM works fine with a PRI latch, also.
    Thanks for the reply. My rifle is the exact opposite. Works perfect with a std charging handle and the 9 mm PRI gas buster. Does not like the BCM. I’m guessing something is out of spec with the receiver. I guess I should try some more charging handles but I am happy with the PRI for now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast