Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just inherited a LNIB S&W 3904. Questions & help needed, please.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Attachment 52494
    If you only knew how long this took me. STICKMAN I AINT, but here you go.
    Also- the mag says 8 rounds..it will hold nine tho. Do the mags marked as nine rounders stick out from the bottom of frame, or are they flush?
    I do believe they are flush. one of the big changes from the three digit (439, 539, 639) to next generation four digits such as yours was the grips. the original 39 and the three digits had grips held in place with traditional grip screws, two one each side.

As you can see, the 3904 has snap on, one piece grips. They would fit flush with your grips, look a little odd with a 639.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Glad to help. Brownells has them too

They are flush fit.
    Thank you again...apprently I did NOT look "errwhere"!!
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    I like the S&W39. Always felt good in my hand. The Illinois State Police adopted it in 1967.

Feedback Score
    These are a solid, dependable workhorse. I have a handful of double stack 9mm third gens and a couple of 10mm.

Inherited firearms are a mixed blessing.
    You lost someone, but have something to remember and honor them by.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    I like the S&W39. Always felt good in my hand. The Illinois State Police adopted it in 1967.
    The SEAL's used them as well, Mk 22 Mod 0 'Hush puppy'
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    I had a S&W Model 39 issued to me when I first started, then a Model 439. They went down hard due to parts breakage every 3,000 to 4,000 rounds, probably due to the +P+ ammunition. People that rarely shot them had no complaints.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I had a S&W Model 39 issued to me when I first started, then a Model 439. They went down hard due to parts breakage every 3,000 to 4,000 rounds, probably due to the +P+ ammunition. People that rarely shot them had no complaints.
    That was why 'mine' lasted so good. we shot 147gr loaded to Hydra-Shok velocities as our range training ammo. At the time that was what we thought was the best duty round. We probably rode that pony too long.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 06-20-18 at 22:32.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    I have a 3913 I bought new. It has quite a few rounds through it with zero problems.

Newt

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    Inherited firearms are a mixed blessing.
    You lost someone, but have something to remember and honor them by.
    Indeed. The most accurate rifle I have ever owned, a 1929 Remington 12CS in .22 "Remington Special" (AKA .22 Winchester Rimfire, the predecessor to .22 Magnum) came from my late grandfather, as did a never-fired Smith and Wesson Model 61-3... which continues to not be fired.
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    If you're having trouble finding mags, try Numrich Arms and the gun parts section of Gunbroker. You can usually find them there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast