Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there a "best" A5 receiver extension?

Feedback Score

Is there a "best" A5 receiver extension?

I know this has come up before, but I have never seen it answered really definitively and I have read through all the A5 threads.

Excluding the A5 compatible Magpul UBR Gen 2 and the Vltor 6 position A5 receiver extension, which A5 receiver extension is the best?

Price and availability isn't an issue for me.

Is there someone here that has had them all and can share their experience?
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 06-20-18 at 10:45.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    BCM also has one.

I think any one of the three would be solid - I have 2 of the BCM variants with another inbound as we speak. (ETA: they work fine - love them)

I would say that given 'price and availability isn't an issue' I'd probably go with the Vltor - for no other reason than their reputation and the fact they had the idea and designed the chopped rifle buffer which is the A5.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 06-20-18 at 11:02.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Other than a UBR 2.0, I did the original Vltor each time, usually on sale at a good discount.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I’ve used many A5 RE tubes. The two brands I use that have the best fit and finish hands down are Vltor and Magpul. The Magpul SR25/M110. RE Tube is a 10 position A5 tube. I actually run more of those than 7 position Vltor’s and they Are rarely out of stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Out of the VLTOR and the BCM, I prefer the BCM. Better fit to stocks and I think the anodizing looks better. I don't have any experience with the others.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I prefer the VLTOR RE fit and finish. The best or not, who knows, they work fine for me.
    Last edited by Biggy; 06-20-18 at 12:19.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I asked LMT and the guy never heard of the A5. But am I right to assume that the LMT .308 RE is the same length as the A5? Thanks
    NRA Life Member Since 1993

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have run Vltor and BCM, both were great.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by uniform64 View Post
    I asked LMT and the guy never heard of the A5. But am I right to assume that the LMT .308 RE is the same length as the A5? Thanks
    I don't think so, but I may be wrong. I have run in the MWS circles and never heard anyone run an A5 system.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the input so far guys.

It sounds like there might not be much of a quality difference between any of them. It might come down to how many positions I prefer (7, 8 or 10).

Which one has the smoothest internal finish? Vltor, Bravo Company or Magpul?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast