G&R Tactical
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Q Suppressors - Opinions ?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsunsurf View Post
    I have some Q cans. The El Camino is my favorite rimfire can. It is lightweight and super easy to disassemble. It has some first round pop. I love that the baffles arenít keyed and they just slide out when you take the end off of the tube. Which is easier than any other can because you use a socket, not a proprietary spammer wrench.

The Trash Panda and Half Nelson are both good .30 cal cans. I like the Cherry Bomb, but I also managed to get the bomb stuck in the TP. The can has wrench flats at both ends but the muzzle device doesnít. Seems backwards. The can doesnít need the rear wrench flats, but if youíre going to have wrench flats at the muzzle, they should be on the brake/qd mount. I would prefer none; it would make for a cleaner look and be 1/4Ē -3/8Ē shorter.

The one thing I sometimes donít like about the TP or HN is that they are larger in diameter and donít look as good on a smaller lightweight hunting rifle.

I just finished getting a Bergara 6.5CM rifle dialed in, Iíll try and do an accuracy test with the Half Nelson compared to the Omega.
    The Begara is my next rifle. I was thinking a half Nelson would be a good pairing for it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    I am currently saving for a Noveske PDW, and since it already comes with the cherry bomb on it, I may as well wait for the lefty as well.
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." -George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Couldn't be happier with my Thunder Chicken. Shot Sig, SilencerCo Omega and a couple of different Gemtechs liked them all. Ended up going on the rec of a friend in TX he gets to shoot everything at Silencer Shop and this is what he uses. Not seeing any issues with the QD cherry bomb just torqued the brake to mid range of spec 20-30 and went 25/rocksett and off I went. No dB to measure accurately and objectively, but it certainly seems quieter than any I've heard to my ears at least. If I had to come up with a way to describe the sound of the Q it's more kind of bass or deep where as the Sig sounds kind of 'tinny' comparatively and so did the Omega to my ears. The Gemtechs were so long ago I kind of forgot how they sounded. I think in the end I'd be happy with any of the cans I tried. I will still wear protection and I 'think' all of them get the noise down to reasonable levels with ears on. My subjective ears appraisal is all I can offer up, but I will say a friend rode up behind me on the range yesterday he was in disbelief at the sound then shot some subs and he was laughing.
    Last edited by sasquatchoslav; 10-20-18 at 12:49.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345