Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Q Suppressors - Opinions ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    Agreed here. Lack of independent test data is holding me back.

But that is also what I hear based on what they've publicly spoken about.

PS: there is a podcast interview series with him on iTunes. I don't use iTunes, so I haven't heard it yet.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    You're right about that. There isn't a lot of independent test data, and even less data from independent sources with the proper Mil-Spec'ed meter.

Hansohn Brothers did this properly done independent test with their BK2209. It shows ours as well, but the Q is the only one for sale currently. I'm guessing the first round was lower than the rest due to ammo inconsistency, no one was sure what caused it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SvFGap-fXk
    Previously did all design work at CGS Group, 2014-2024.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by paco ramirez View Post
    You're right about that. There isn't a lot of independent test data, and even less data from independent sources with the proper Mil-Spec'ed meter.

Hansohn Brothers did this properly done independent test with their BK2209. It shows ours as well, but the Q is the only one for sale currently. I'm guessing the first round was lower than the rest due to ammo inconsistency, no one was sure what caused it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SvFGap-fXk
    I have been watching the cgs guys now for a year. I have very high hopes for their cans. As of now though i have seen them put out a qd rifle can yet.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I was looking for something to put an upcoming bolt gun build and became interested in Q designs. I follow Q on social media, listen to the podcast, and checked up on available youtube reviews. While KB is a butt, he seems to be a realest. I'm sure he's learned a thing or 2 over his years in the industry.

Their selling points seem to be:
    -high volume
    -titanium
    -edm bore
    -tapers at muzzle
    -PVD

I don't really care about the finish but we'll see how it holds up because I just bought a half nelson for $399. For that kinda price I'm not expecting to be disappointed in my purchase.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Yeah Kevin does know what he’s talking about for sure. I hope the PVD treatment becomes a trend instead of cerakote/gunkote, and the science behind tapers is proven.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Q is the evolution of AAC and Sig in their own respect. Yes KB did guide the companies in the right direction.
    As for the cans itself, Q direct thread cans are great. The main problem with Q's quick disconnect, I see is the cherry bomb getting stuck to the can with carbon. Sig iteration of the QD had flats to remove it but the Q muzzle has them in front of the muzzle in the can. Ya great you don't have to time the muzzle, but we had one get stuck and that sucked.
    Q cans just improved in internal diameter and hold more volume for gas larger can better performance. Coating is on point with the PVD, never had any issues with discoloration. Blowback still there but its a baffled can that is gonna be expected. Taper will only be efficient if you barrel is tapered hence the QD is based on you having a tapered barrel.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't know if enough people have gotten their hands on the cans to really use them hard enough to get good data.

As others have said the guy behind it was the gun behind aac and then sig's suppressors so he knows what he's doing. Guy comes off as a major d-bag but that doesn't mean his products are bad. I remember the shit talking from back in the day when he was trying to claim gemtech was trash and his stuff was the shit.

I'd be up for trying some of their stuff but right now I really don't need anything they are selling. If I needed an extra 30 cal suppressor then maybe. I kinda want a honey badger because I think they look cool but I really don't like 300 blackout. I've seen too many people blow up guns by clambering a 300 blackout round in a 5.56 gun. I'd be afraid of being out shooting with friends and having someone do it to one of my guns.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    I like the taper QD mount system as it seems to lock up well and seal really well also. My TB ultra 7 with CB brake is a great example of the taper system.

I do own a Fix rifle with 2 of the Bartlein Dave Tooley barrels. They both have taper shoulders for the cherry bomb muzzle devices. However, when you want to use any other muzzle device you must run an adaptor and then shims on top of that adaptor to time the MD. I was not a fan of the cherry bomb on a bolt gun and put on another muzzle brake to take one of my other suppressors. I sent one of my barrels back to Dave to have him chop it down and rethread with a standard 5/8x24 with 90 degree shoulder. My other barrel I was fortunate enough to have my muzzle device index perfectly without shims.

While I love tapers, I don't think on the barrel is the best application unless your running a direct thread can. I have heard good things about the Q cans, but I would have a hard time picking one up right now for a bolt gun as it wouldn't do anything for me my Thunderbeast ultra doesn't already do.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 06-25-18 at 07:25.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rajahdat View Post
    Q is the evolution of AAC and Sig in their own respect. Yes KB did guide the companies in the right direction.
    As for the cans itself, Q direct thread cans are great. The main problem with Q's quick disconnect, I see is the cherry bomb getting stuck to the can with carbon. Sig iteration of the QD had flats to remove it but the Q muzzle has them in front of the muzzle in the can. Ya great you don't have to time the muzzle, but we had one get stuck and that sucked.
    Q cans just improved in internal diameter and hold more volume for gas larger can better performance. Coating is on point with the PVD, never had any issues with discoloration. Blowback still there but its a baffled can that is gonna be expected. Taper will only be efficient if you barrel is tapered hence the QD is based on you having a tapered barrel.
    Does the cherry bomb and can not have opposite thread patterns? Meaning, can you screw the cherry bomb off if the muzzle device is sealed to the can? That would suck. Hopefully they would have opposite threads so that if you unscrew the can from the muzzle device you are actually tightening the muzzle device. If that makes sense.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I bought two sig cans (SRD45 & SRD762TI) from Kevin's time there and I'm a Q fan by default. I played with an evolution 22 pistol can at the LGS and it will be my next can as I can adapt it to my pistols and rifles as I see fit. The price value on the "old" Sig and new "Q" cans are amazing in my eyes for what you get.

From a quietness specification, cannot comment.

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)

Q Suppressors - Opinions ?

.... accidental post. Deleted.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast