Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Q Suppressors - Opinions ?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsunsurf View Post
    I have some Q cans. The El Camino is my favorite rimfire can. It is lightweight and super easy to disassemble. It has some first round pop. I love that the baffles aren’t keyed and they just slide out when you take the end off of the tube. Which is easier than any other can because you use a socket, not a proprietary spammer wrench.

The Trash Panda and Half Nelson are both good .30 cal cans. I like the Cherry Bomb, but I also managed to get the bomb stuck in the TP. The can has wrench flats at both ends but the muzzle device doesn’t. Seems backwards. The can doesn’t need the rear wrench flats, but if you’re going to have wrench flats at the muzzle, they should be on the brake/qd mount. I would prefer none; it would make for a cleaner look and be 1/4” -3/8” shorter.

The one thing I sometimes don’t like about the TP or HN is that they are larger in diameter and don’t look as good on a smaller lightweight hunting rifle.

I just finished getting a Bergara 6.5CM rifle dialed in, I’ll try and do an accuracy test with the Half Nelson compared to the Omega.
    The Begara is my next rifle. I was thinking a half Nelson would be a good pairing for it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mig1nc View Post
    I am currently saving for a Noveske PDW, and since it already comes with the cherry bomb on it, I may as well wait for the lefty as well.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Couldn't be happier with my Thunder Chicken. Shot Sig, SilencerCo Omega and a couple of different Gemtechs liked them all. Ended up going on the rec of a friend in TX he gets to shoot everything at Silencer Shop and this is what he uses. Not seeing any issues with the QD cherry bomb just torqued the brake to mid range of spec 20-30 and went 25/rocksett and off I went. No dB to measure accurately and objectively, but it certainly seems quieter than any I've heard to my ears at least. If I had to come up with a way to describe the sound of the Q it's more kind of bass or deep where as the Sig sounds kind of 'tinny' comparatively and so did the Omega to my ears. The Gemtechs were so long ago I kind of forgot how they sounded. I think in the end I'd be happy with any of the cans I tried. I will still wear protection and I 'think' all of them get the noise down to reasonable levels with ears on. My subjective ears appraisal is all I can offer up, but I will say a friend rode up behind me on the range yesterday he was in disbelief at the sound then shot some subs and he was laughing.
    Last edited by sasquatchoslav; 10-20-18 at 12:49.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsunsurf View Post
    I like the Cherry Bomb, but I also managed to get the bomb stuck in the TP.
    How did you manage to get the Cherry Bomb out? I've not had this yet and hope not to! Would like to know your remedy in that event. Thanks

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Bump for updates.

There seen to be a few more of these out now.

Anybody else tried them yet?
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Bump for updates.

There seen to be a few more of these out now.

Anybody else tried them yet?
    We started carrying them. Customers give us good reports on the Trash Panda and Erector. The later being a little different, and not for everyone.
    John
    aka LONGSHOT2000

Disclosure:
    Part-Owner of Charlies Custom Clones
    Avid firearms enthusiast and 2A Constitutionalist
    and agitator of the left and the FAKE NEWS
    Scope Slut and Barrel Nerd

Instagram
    twitter
    youtube
    facebook

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sasquatchoslav View Post
    How did you manage to get the Cherry Bomb out? I've not had this yet and hope not to! Would like to know your remedy in that event. Thanks
    Yikes I didn’t see this question. I used rockset on the muzzle of the rifle that I wanted the can on and tightened the whole 5ing down, let the rockset set, and now it’s fine.

Now, I think Suppressed Armament Systems is my favorite design. Clean mount and can, with a slot inside of the brake accessible from the rear, in case it gets stuck in the can. Brilliant.

Feedback Score
    I’m interested in hearing some feedback too. After years of thinking about it I’m finally setting up a trust to do an SBR and suppressor. I was on the phone with a really helpful guy at Silencer shop and he basically didn’t recommend anything but Q suppressors. I asked about OSS and he thought they were snake oil. Lots of OSS bashing on forums but some good reports on YouTube

Honestly the recommendation was so strong I wondered if there was a financial incentive.

He was very knowledgeable and spent a ton of time talking me through the process and suppressor selection.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The Q Thunder Chicken finally came in and I can offer some thoughts on it.

The taper mounting system is excellent.

The cherry bomb is a very effective brake, but also very concussive and flashy.

The cherry bomb is light weight at 1.7 oz, where other mounts are routinely in the 4 oz range.

This helps keep the overall weight down.

In this case the TC + CB is 16.4 oz, which seems to be the upper limit for handiness.

The trash panda is 13.5 oz all in.

I'd recommend the QD versions over the direct thread, as the brake acts as the first baffle, increasing the suppression effectiveness and reducing wear on the Ti blast baffle.

At the range, the thunder chicken is pretty impressive with 5.56.

5.56 sounds a lot like 22LR, maybe less.

The impact of the bullet into the dirt berm can be clearly heard over the action noise.

Back pressure is pretty low and works well with the OPTIMUM barrels.

Its absolute magic on the reduced gas port 11.5" CQB-SGD.

Full reliability with all ammo from M855 down to Wolf steel case and no gas to face or port pop.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast