Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Basic question

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Try some Black Hills OTM. Do you have Marks SMK H322 load ? I know MOA is always the goal, but 1.5 moa gets you out to 600. Work that barrel hard to find before you dump it. It might take 250 rounds before it settles in, so don’t give up too early.

My bet is on Colt to shoot MOA. with a bit of work.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Try some Black Hills OTM. Do you have Marks SMK H322 load ? I know MOA is always the goal, but 1.5 moa gets you out to 600. Work that barrel hard to find before you dump it. It might take 250 rounds before it settles in, so don’t give up too early.

My bet is on Colt to shoot MOA. with a bit of work.

PB
    No I don't have his recipe. I was going to make sure I has tried every aspect first. The colt I had was accurate. If this rifle doesn't make the accuracy I need, that's fine, I will keep the upper and use as a defensive weapon.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I currently have a Colt M4 profile, chrome lined, 1/7 that shoots freakishly accurate. I have SEVERAL SPR/DMR type rifles. This one is a 100% frankengun that I put together out of parts I mostly had. It’s a very high quality build, just a hodgepodge of different parts. Anyway, back to barrels: this one was a donor barrel that I had because it was given to me when the original owner replaced it. This thing will shoot Speer 62gr Dold Dots into 5 shot groups at 100 yds of 1.03 MOA. Now, believe me, I know that’s not mind blowing groups, but for a chrome lined, M4 barrel, shooting 62gr Bonded ammo, I think it’s damn fine. Point is, you never know what a barrel will shoot or what it will like until you go try it. Try different loads too. Mine, for whatever reason, likes 62 better than 75 gr Gold Dots. Go figure.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Yes. If you just change the barrel with a good barrel you will have an MOA rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    To test if your barrel is accurate or not, get some quality factory match ammo with Hornady 68, 75 or Sierra 69,77 bullets. These usually shoot very well.

Then ask yourself, barrel, optic and trigger....are they a matched set for the accuracy you want? Then ask, rest, stock and hand guard. Is this combo stable enough on target to hit within 1” at 100 yds.

As for barrels, most will shoot 1 mos or better, if there aren’t other contributing factors making it shoot poor.

My recommended barrels would be Larue Stealth, White Oak or Campass Lake with a 223 Wylde or CLE match chambering.
    Last edited by nksmfamjp; 07-14-18 at 17:07.

Feedback Score
    I have a couple White Oak barrels(one is a Wilson blank and the other a Shilen) a couple DPMS 223 rem chambered barrels an AR Stoner, Lother Walther, Krieger that can all shoot moa or better. I also have a Bushmaster and a PSA that aren't really up to that level of accuracy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12