Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ADG Brass

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

ADG Brass

Jake, a fellow M4carbine poster bought 250 pieces of this 300WM brass and weighed them all and the brass was very consistent. So I bought 100 pieces and Mark and I will review and keep the thread alive with total number of reloads.

Mark can provide his reload process to keep Brass alive and chugging along. Jake may provide details of his weighing outcomes if he so chooses.

We have been RWS and Norma Brass for the most part but an occasional, Federal box here and there. RWS has been very robust and Norma very consistent. RWS has shot cloverleaf groups time and time again but its weight fluctuates a touch more than Norma. We shall see how this brass performs.

Anyone with experience with ADG chime in if they like.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 06-22-18 at 13:49.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    300 Win Mag right?
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Yes, edited the OP to include that key missing point.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Here are a few photos. I also grabbed random 2 rounds from each box just now and put them on the scale. I didn't have one round out of a 3grain spread in all 250 rounds. I don't think ill need to sort any of these. Case necks are .015/6. Everything looks to be solid. I just hope I didn't spend 300 bucks on nothing! And a plus is they are made here in the USA! I wanted to start fresh and just went for 250 rounds for a new 300 win mag I purchased. So Ill be keeping this thread updated as time goes along.

Last edited by Jwknutson17; 06-22-18 at 18:12.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    PB,

Seeing I can shoot here at the house. I can load one round and shoot, and repeat with the same piece of brass without having to drive out to the range. I may do this to see quicker data and results.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Nice. Looks like you shoot as much 300 as Pappabear.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    It's by far my favorite round. For the performance vs cost to shoot... Hard to beat it.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    PB,

Seeing I can shoot here at the house. I can load one round and shoot, and repeat with the same piece of brass without having to drive out to the range. I may do this to see quicker data and results.
    Very good idea. You could knock out 5 reloads in a weekend, or something like that. How does case volume compare to Norma? Are you using the powder charge, lowering or keeping it same? Or have you noticed yet.

PB

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Very good idea. You could knock out 5 reloads in a weekend, or something like that. How does case volume compare to Norma? Are you using the powder charge, lowering or keeping it same? Or have you noticed yet.

PB
    I haven't touched them yet. Still sitting in the cases. Yes, I could knock out an easy 5 in a day. This gun has zero rounds through it so it will give me an excuse to do some ladder testing and load development. Need to snag a few more Accurate mags to run longer OAL compared to the AI mags and the Magpul AICS mags.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Hey are you running the Larry Willis die for your belted mag brass?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast