Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ADG Brass

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    We shot the new ADG Ky Windage brass today. Made in E town KY.

Anywho, with 74.5 grains of H1K, 225 ELD bullets, we achieved 2876 with a SD10 in one 300WM
    300 WM #2 w/ 74.5 Grains of H1K, 225 ELD bullets , we achieved 2877, w / SD 9 in #2 300WM

Picture to follow via Markm for groups, but very good.

Interesting, the Norma brass was 2847, the brass is a bit lighter.
    The RWS with 220's not 225's shot 2932, by far the beefiest brass.

It was right in between the RWS and Norma, just as it should have been based on weight alone.

Brass was impressive so far, we just need Jake to run it 5 round each the next two weeks.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    First thing I did to the brass was chamfer the case mouths to ease bullet seating. Then I neck sized the brass with the Lee Collet die just like I would do with any other virgin bolt gun brass. I really had to crank on the press to get the mandrel into the necks. I mean cranking like crazy. I thought I was going to buckle the case walls or shoulders.

After that, primed them up and hit the charge master. Bullets seated with consistent tension. With the LE Wilson VLD seating die using the K&M arbor press. (by the way... anyone seating bullets with an arbor press should really check out the K&M. It's so nice. Pappabear grabbed one on an impulse buy, and it is awesome.)

As hard as I had to crank on the neck die, I thought the first groups with the brass might be a little sloppy. But they brass shot great.

"What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    We shot the new ADG Ky Windage brass today. Made in E town KY.

Anywho, with 74.5 grains of H1K, 225 ELD bullets, we achieved 2876 with a SD10 in one 300WM
    300 WM #2 w/ 74.5 Grains of H1K, 225 ELD bullets , we achieved 2877, w / SD 9 in #2 300WM

Picture to follow via Markm for groups, but very good.

Interesting, the Norma brass was 2847, the brass is a bit lighter.
    The RWS with 220's not 225's shot 2932, by far the beefiest brass.

It was right in between the RWS and Norma, just as it should have been based on weight alone.

Brass was impressive so far, we just need Jake to run it 5 round each the next two weeks.

PB
    Glad you guys got out and gave it a go. I'll be shooting this weekend and will see what the results are. I was out fishing, so that's my excuse.

What length barrels on the 300wm's ? That's some good speed on those 225s. And the same speed in two guns is usually hard to get. Suppressed or not?
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Glad you guys got out and gave it a go. I'll be shooting this weekend and will see what the results are. I was out fishing, so that's my excuse.

What length barrels on the 300wm's ? That's some good speed on those 225s. And the same speed in two guns is usually hard to get. Suppressed or not?
    I think my barrels are 26 inch. So getting most Milage out of 300WM cartridge. I think 26 is ideal. Both running suppressed.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I think my barrels are 26 inch. So getting most Milage out of 300WM cartridge. I think 26 is ideal. Both running suppressed.

PB
    Awesome. I have (2) 26" 300 win mags. And the new Cadex I picked up is a 24 inch. Prob should have gotten the 26 again, but with a suppressor on it 24/7, Ill take the few inches off for the 80fps. I will grab the 300 Norma mag if I need a little more zip anyway. Gets the 225-230s close to 3100 so that is moving along pretty good. Still need to develop some other rounds for that gun also. I use Peterson brass on that gun, as I cant find Lapua 300 norma magnum and I don't care much for the Norma brass.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 07-06-18 at 08:45.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    So I have 4 rounds through one piece of brass and here are my results. I used a full size die before each round. I did not trim the brass after any of the rounds. I just used 77gr of H1000 as I knew it would be a decent load with the 200gr ELDx pills. CCI 250 primers. COAL 3.540. .020 off the lands. Rifle is a Cadex Freedom Tac 300 win mag with a 24 inch barrel. TB Ultra 7 suppressor. The gun has a total of 20 rounds through it so far, as I just picked it up week before last.

Single piece of brass.

Round 1
    Case- 2.610
    77gr H1000
    2903 FPS

Round 2
    Case- 2.614
    77gr H1000
    2871 FPS

Round 3
    Case- 2.620
    77gr H1000
    2908 FPS

Round 4
    Case- 2.621
    77gr H1000
    2896 FPS

Case is now to 2.623 and will trim back to 2.610. Primer pocket is still as tight as it was before loading. I pressed in the primer again into the case after the 4th firing and it is still tight as the first time. When sizing with a full length die, it really only sized the base next to the belt. Didn't touch the rest of the case. Don't know how much it bumped the shoulder. Minus the second round FPS, the rest of them seemed to be pretty close.

Not sure what round two velocity was from.. And I don't even know what this gun likes yet. No pressure signs. Will be doing some load development and ladder testing, and then see what it likes in the coming weeks. I would suspect I will get 10 reloads out of this one brass. If I can do that, I will be at 2500 rounds total in this one lot of brass. That would be good by me!
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 07-09-18 at 00:32.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Primer pocket is still as tight as it was before loading.
    That's good to hear. With the Larry Willis die, we've gone over 10 loadings on RWS brass. Pappabear likes such hot loads, however.... and I've got a few rounds where the primer has fallen out of the pocket.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Looks like some solid results and your velocities are plenty close IMO. VERY promising results with brass and primer pockets, I'm thrilled you turned us onto this brass. I would guess an easy 10 reloads. Maybe more.

77 grains is a stout load of H1000 and you don't need more than 2900 fps with 200 gr ELD, that gets it done all day long.

Very cool and thanks for running that brass hard for testing. I appreciate it.

PB

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    That's good to hear. With the Larry Willis die, we've gone over 10 loadings on RWS brass. Pappabear likes such hot loads, however.... and I've got a few rounds where the primer has fallen out of the pocket.
    When we ran some Norma brass with 75 grains and 220 ELD's, we may have shorten the life of some hunting brass. It was a very hot load with that H1K. We have since decided to back down all our loads to 74.5 grains.

Jake, what don't you like about Norma? This AGD seems perfect between the ultra stout RWS and not so stout Norma BRASS

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    PB, Markm,

I have 11 loadings on it now. I'll post results here in a minute. Primer pocket is still good. I loaded another side by side with a new piece and you can tell a slight difference, but it still is going strong. I have not had to trim again. Still under 2.620 after only trimming after round 4. I wanted to run a good load for testing. If I ran 75 gr at a lower FPS it's not a good representation for testing.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 07-10-18 at 12:46.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast