Thread: Dillon 650 and primer problems

Feedback Score

Dillon 650 and primer problems

All of a sudden my 650 has started turning primers sideways then crushing them. Any idea as to what is causing this?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Typically a bounce/jog in the machine causes the primer to flip in the cup. My 550b did that shit all the time. I no longer use the priming system.

Usually a thorough cleaning of the moving parts will smooth it out.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    If it's all of a sudden then I would clean and oil all the parts. Look for something bent or sticking. I'm not sure if the spring in the primer hold could wear out or not. I guess it could get stuck from residue
    though.

I've never had that problem and .45acp was really the only thing I ever actually liked to load. It just seemed to always work. This was on a 550b though.

Do they still do the lifetime warranty? I broke a little piece once and they basically said "what's your address?" and sent me the whole part when all I needed was one little plastic piece.

I can't recall how that primer thing works but I know on mine it moved forward and backward. I assume it was on a rod or bushing. will yours move side to side? It seems like a bushing or shaft that rides on could wear over time to where it rocks and maybe mis-loads resulting in mis-seating.
    Last edited by tb-av; 06-23-18 at 20:32.

Past the second cattle guard, at the end of the gravel road
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    There is a small thin arm that holds the case in place and aligned at the primer station.

Check to see if it has lost its tension and not keeping the case in place when the primer seats.

Also keep a can of compressed air handy and blow out any debris.

Good luck, primer station is my number one issue I tinker with on my 650.
    "Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony ... take that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,.." VP Joe Biden Feb 19, 2013

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I wish I had an answer for you. I’ve been chasing this one for a few years now. It happens both on my 1050 and 650. Approximately 2 per 100 on the 650 and up to 10 per 100 on my 1050. Dillon can’t diagnose it over the phone for me. I’ve just accepted it as part of quality control and check for it before loading.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    It had not done this since I got it, 18 months ago until the last 200 pistol rounds. I'll try some of the things suggested, and report back

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    If the shell plate is loose it can lead to flipping primers. Tighten down the shell plate bolt until the shell plate almost doesn't want to rotate then back it off a hair.
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by panzerr View Post
    If the shell plate is loose it can lead to flipping primers. Tighten down the shell plate bolt until the shell plate almost doesn't want to rotate then back it off a hair.
    I had done that, and it still flipped them.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    I had done that, and it still flipped them.

So much for that quick fix! Have you tried yelling "****" a bunch of times? That seems to work for me, albeit intermittently.
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org