Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How my KISS carbine became less kissable.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    It's OK. The quality is high but the FOV isn't anything to write home about. BUT it really makes the difference when shooting for groups.

Well, I've taken her out and run about 180 rounds through her, zeroed her in, and generally fiddled with her. I may go back to a short BCM FG over the KAG. Still undecided.

I definitely need to break out the rattle cans.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Sounds like Vicki is a High Maintenance Bitch. I have had 2 of those types. Bare bones except for BCM pistol grip, Magpul forend for a sling mount and light. Troy Rear fixed sight. ALG/ACT trigger and BCM #4 Med CH.

Sell the upper and get a BCM BFH KMR-A complete upper and start dressing her up again.

My Colt lower, BCM 11.3" barreled upper, KMR-A rail. Holosun 503 GU Elite RDS and Troy folding will be my discreet AR pistol with 20 rnd mags ready to rock and roll. At this point and time, IT WILL STAY K I S S,,
    OH YES, The Frank Proctor light mount on the 1913 top rail with a Pro-Tac II light. low pro and compact.
    Last edited by RWH24; 06-25-18 at 20:37.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    I don't really know what I want because I don't really know what I need. I haven't shot a gun in over 4 years. I like building them, I like acquiring parts and building mock ups and just tinkering with them yet don't really have a desire to get out and shoot. I like the idea of KISS mainly because I can build something minimalistic using 2-3 manufactures. I see too many times where people put too much on there AR's, I'm not judging but sometimes you can tell that someone got a little carried away with accessories and someone should have intervened and put a stop to it but didn't.

PS: I don't know how anyone could spray paint there guns. I would lose so much sleep over that. I wouldn't be able to function, like remembering my middle name, swallowing after taking a sip, or giving a thumbs up would be hard for me. I don't know how you guys do it. Its like you don't care. Or your confidence in painting is up there in the Michelangelo level.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    The pendulum is always in motion. Some times it swings to kiss, sometimes it swings to multipurpose. Both extremes are Dumb, but you rarely know till you get there.

Painting your gun is fun!
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    PS: I don't know how anyone could spray paint there guns. I would lose so much sleep over that. I wouldn't be able to function, like remembering my middle name, swallowing after taking a sip, or giving a thumbs up would be hard for me. I don't know how you guys do it. Its like you don't care. Or your confidence in painting is up there in the Michelangelo level.[/QUOTE]

Its actually has the opposite effect, at least for me. Unless you are looking for a very specific pattern, it is pretty hard to do wrong if you are willing to tinker with something to try what you are doing. And once its painted, it's both more personal since it's your work, and less bothersome, because blends, scratches, etc, all blend together. So it's like we don't care because we are released from caring. "I'll just add paint later if I have to..."

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    PS: I don't know how anyone could spray paint there guns. I would lose so much sleep over that. I wouldn't be able to function, like remembering my middle name, swallowing after taking a sip, or giving a thumbs up would be hard for me. I don't know how you guys do it. Its like you don't care. Or your confidence in painting is up there in the Michelangelo level.[/QUOTE]

Its actually has the opposite effect, at least for me. Unless you are looking for a very specific pattern, it is pretty hard to do wrong if you are willing to tinker with something to try what you are doing. And once its painted, it's both more personal since it's your work, and less bothersome, because blends, scratches, etc, all blend together. So it's like we don't care because we are released from caring. "I'll just add paint later if I have to..."

Feedback Score
    I don't paint my AR's because I have a history of trading what I've got for something else. My one concession to a camo job is that I recently acquired a Colt 6920 with a factory Vietnam tiger stripe camo scheme.

As far as KISS, I always plan to keep one carbine with nothing but the carry handle rear sight to accessorize it. It's my iron sight shooter.

My others tend to collect accessories right and left.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    I don't really know what I want because I don't really know what I need. I haven't shot a gun in over 4 years. I like building them, I like acquiring parts and building mock ups and just tinkering with them yet don't really have a desire to get out and shoot. I like the idea of KISS mainly because I can build something minimalistic using 2-3 manufactures. I see too many times where people put too much on there AR's, I'm not judging but sometimes you can tell that someone got a little carried away with accessories and someone should have intervened and put a stop to it but didn't.

PS: I don't know how anyone could spray paint there guns. I would lose so much sleep over that. I wouldn't be able to function, like remembering my middle name, swallowing after taking a sip, or giving a thumbs up would be hard for me. I don't know how you guys do it. Its like you don't care. Or your confidence in painting is up there in the Michelangelo level.
    I don't know how you have gone 4 years without shooting a gun, but yet you build them. Really, you haven't shot a gun in 4 years????

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    OK then I really lost my sh*$, I ordered a Keymod rail from DD, BCM grip, BCM fore grip, X300 light in front of the fixed DD front after I shaved off the FSB. And let me tell you, SEND THAT MOTHER TO ADCO or someone else. I ground down my FSB with a Dremel and painted it with grill paint. It worked, but HFS that was a lot of work to avoid spending $40 or whatever a pro would charge to do it. Oh, and I dinged up the gun installing the stuff so I rattle canned it...
    This part made me LOL and nod my head in agreement. Been there, done that. That being said, I wasn't totally happy with the quality of work that ADCO did on my A2 upper.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I may go back to a short BCM FG over the KAG. Still undecided.

I definitely need to break out the rattle cans.
    The Arisaka is a cool FG alternative if you like the minimalist approach. Not as much leverage as the FG that most of the BCM team runs, but also less likely to get hung up on something.

And yeah you do. Though I've noticed that the mismatched color scheme AR is kind of a "thing" nowadays. Especially if you have some nice, worn in rattle can parts.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Needs more aervoe / krylon.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast