Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: How my KISS carbine became less kissable.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Welp, I confirmed accuracy is superb. It is capable of consistent. three shot moa groups at 100 with 77 grain running my surefire can. Closer to three moa with American eagle 55 but what ever!

I went nuts with th krylon, only my handguns have been spared...so far...

Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Greg the rattle can job looks great.

What if anything ever came of your stolen firearms (if you don't mind me asking)?
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Moose. All of them are still out there. None have come home.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Swapped out the T-2 for a Acog 3x30 so it would be a little bit more like my SCAR. I put a BoBro mount on it. Unfortunately
    the prior owner had stripped out the screws on the mount so I ended up having to use a grabbit but to pull it out. After that bit of drama the optic seems pretty good. Although the Chevron is TINY and starting to tax my old eyes.

This allowed me to return the rifle, a bit, back to a more KISSable form. Getting rid of the magnifier and batteries is nice, and the Cheveron tip is VERY precise. I also took the PEQ off and put it back on my scar.

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Nice, looks like it needs some more Krylon though - especially the mags.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Thanks for sharing your journey!

There's just something about a simple, lightweight AR rifle that is unrelentingly appealing. While it's fun experimenting with different configurations and all of the latest & greatest gadgetry (and ending up with an over-accessorized, overweight "carbine"), I've been firmly in the KISS camp for some time now.

I've come to realize that simple is almost always better, and that with training and practice a KISS rifle can be remarkably effective.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    A 6920 is kiss enough for me. But it is the current year and I’d rather have an IPhone than the old rotary phone.

I doubt EMP attacks will happen. And really, older I get I get more lazy. Still, I am low key doing an XM-177 build solely because my “it ain’t me” acts up once in a while :|

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Greg, show me somebody who isn't at least a little guilty of the same thing and I'll show you somebody who probably doesn't really belong here!

If I don't get rid of the smallest leftover parts after upgrading, it turns into a new rifle in the blink of an eye.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelski View Post
    Greg, show me somebody who isn't at least a little guilty of the same thing and I'll show you somebody who probably doesn't really belong here!

If I don't get rid of the smallest leftover parts after upgrading, it turns into a new rifle in the blink of an eye.
    Around my place a damn flash hider is called an AR seed.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Around my place a damn flash hider is called an AR seed.
    That is hilarious.

Blasted a little out on the backside of my property today. Still loving this beast. I brought out my Kryloned mag for Rhino....

Christopher Columbus

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast