Thread: WANTED: Silencerco Omega 300 Owner FeedBack

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

WANTED: Silencerco Omega 300 Owner FeedBack

WANTED: Silencerco Omega 300 Owner FeedBack

Anyone have buyers remorse? Reasons?

Also, how well does this suppress flash/night signature?

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Light and minimal POI shifts... liked it so much bought the Blackhawk! version on closeout for 1/3 OFF of the price of the SiCo MSRP...

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I do not like the design. I have continually had problems with the different pieces un threading themselves after moderate to high rates of fire. Even after ensuring they are all tightened down. I much prefer a solid 1 piece welded can. Also i hate the asr system. If you want a light 30 cal can look at Q or grab a rugged or dead air can.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    If you are looking for a can that can morph into different configurations the Omega shines. Yesterday I finally got around to putting an adjustable gas block on my old AAC 9" 300 blk. I was checking function with the Omega in direct thread and with a 51T adapter along with an older AAC SDN6. The SDN6 is a pig at 21oz but as far as tone and suppression there is no difference between the two other than weight. I also have a Sig 762tiqd and the difference in suppression and tone is night and day.

I purchased the Omega on a 41F whim and at the end of the day I wish I would have purchased another Sig. That being said it's nice to have around because of its ability to be light and small with direct thread or big and use the baffled end cap for 308 precision. In 2018 I see no reason to buy one other than its ability to change configurations. I am also slightly worried about SiCo's stability as a business as a of late. The have laid off a lot of people.

I would be looking at Q, Sig, KAC, Surefire, and Dead Air.
    Last edited by themonk; 06-24-18 at 07:57.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I should mention I’m looking at this because it’s so light in the 556 configuration and has one of the best sound suppression AFAIK

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    I should mention I’m looking at this because it’s so light in the 556 configuration and has one of the best sound suppression AFAIK
    Sound suppression doesn't really matter with 556 as it will never be hearing safe no matter the can.

So light with direct thread or in the QD config?

In either case there are better cans.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Point taken but the only other suppressor
    I’ve seen that’s lighter is the griffin micro
    Which others say hardly has any effect on 556
    Also in comparisons I’ve seen the omega 300 on 556 beats the sandman L and S by a significant number of dB
    Plus still lighter
    Last edited by joeg26er; 06-24-18 at 08:56.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    If you are looking for a can that can morph into different configurations the Omega shines. Yesterday I finally got around to putting an adjustable gas block on my old AAC 9" 300 blk. I was checking function with the Omega in direct thread and with a 51T adapter along with an older AAC SDN6. The SDN6 is a pig at 21oz but as far as tone and suppression there is no difference between the two other than weight. I also have a Sig 762tiqd and the difference in suppression and tone is night and day.

I purchased the Omega on a 41F whim and at the end of the day I wish I would have purchased another Sig. That being said it's nice to have around because of its ability to be light and small with direct thread or big and use the baffled end cap for 308 precision. In 2018 I see no reason to buy one other than its ability to change configurations. I am also slightly worried about SiCo's stability as a business as a of late. The have laid off a lot of people.

I looked at SureFire 556 cans and they are all heavier by around 3 oz but it is shorter by about .8 inches but that does not include how much the mounts weigh or add to OAL?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    I also have a Sig 762tiqd and the difference in suppression and tone is night and day.

To clarify, Are you saying the Sig Ti is night and day better than the Omega and SDN6?
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    To clarify, Are you saying the Sig Ti is night and day better than the Omega and SDN6?
    Yes. Mount, blowback, db, and tone are all superior.

ETA - the SDN6 is a beast of a can developed for the Navy. Other than the mounting system it would be very hard to kill. I dont see the sig being as durable but is probably more durable than the Omega.
    Last edited by themonk; 06-24-18 at 12:21.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast