Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: WANTED: Silencerco Omega 300 Owner FeedBack

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have an Omega and I’m satisfied with it. It suppressed well on my 6.5 bolt gun and actually tightened my groups up.

I too have upgraded to the dead air Key-Mo but honestly that was just because it was cheap for me.

I wouldn’t hesitate to buy the Omega again but I would look at the dead air cans hard though. I would be happy with either one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    What are these ASR issues people referring to??

I have the Omega 7.62, and a Spec War 7.62. Both with the ASR mounts.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 223to45 View Post
    What are these ASR issues people referring to??

I have the Omega 7.62, and a Spec War 7.62. Both with the ASR mounts.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Not putting them on correctly and their cans flying down range. I’ve never had a problem.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    Not putting them on correctly and their cans flying down range. I’ve never had a problem.

I have to watch anyone handling my cans like a hawk; I've seen several people install ASR stuff incorrectly. To be fair, it's possible to do with any mount featuring a rotating collar.

My bigger beef with the can is that it does not appear to hold up the way you'd expect - I question its longevity with the sorts of uses you'd expect on a semi SBR within its barrel length restrictions. I have owned cans for well over a decade now, and my Omega has (1) the lowest round count and (2) the most visible erosion by far.

It's light and quiet, I'll give it that.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by boltcatch View Post
    I have to watch anyone handling my cans like a hawk; I've seen several people install ASR stuff incorrectly. To be fair, it's possible to do with any mount featuring a rotating collar.

My bigger beef with the can is that it does not appear to hold up the way you'd expect - I question its longevity with the sorts of uses you'd expect on a semi SBR within its barrel length restrictions. I have owned cans for well over a decade now, and my Omega has (1) the lowest round count and (2) the most visible erosion by far.

It's light and quiet, I'll give it that.
    I concur.

I like mine just fine. I currently use it almost exclusively on a 20" 5.56 precision upper. The rifle is more accurate with it on. I haven't had any ASR issues. It works fine and I'm happy with it.

I did have the outer sleeve come loose. I sent it in and got it back quickly. It hasn't happened again.

The one thing that does bother me is the visible, deep erosion on the blast baffle after very few rounds. When I first got it I had used it on a 5.56 10.5" and 16" barrel and a handful of rounds on a Sig 556R (16", 7.62x39). Grand total maybe 2-300 rounds and the erosion was very obvious. I've since used it only on barrels 16" or greater and I started using ASR brakes vs flash hiders due to the sacrificial baffle concept. I could see the pattern of the flash hider tines in the erosion on the blast baffle. I don't feel like the erosion has increased since then. I have maybe 2000-2500 rounds on the can at this point. By contrast I have a Specwar 556K that I use exclusively on a 10.5" sbr and it looks brand new with a similar round count. I find this odd since the Omega has a stellite blast baffle just like the Specwar.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Thanks have you contacted silencerco About this issue?
    Would be a good test for the customer service

Quote Originally Posted by dmd08 View Post
    I concur.

I like mine just fine. I currently use it almost exclusively on a 20" 5.56 precision upper. The rifle is more accurate with it on. I haven't had any ASR issues. It works fine and I'm happy with it.

I did have the outer sleeve come loose. I sent it in and got it back quickly. It hasn't happened again.

The one thing that does bother me is the visible, deep erosion on the blast baffle after very few rounds. When I first got it I had used it on a 5.56 10.5" and 16" barrel and a handful of rounds on a Sig 556R (16", 7.62x39). Grand total maybe 2-300 rounds and the erosion was very obvious. I've since used it only on barrels 16" or greater and I started using ASR brakes vs flash hiders due to the sacrificial baffle concept. I could see the pattern of the flash hider tines in the erosion on the blast baffle. I don't feel like the erosion has increased since then. I have maybe 2000-2500 rounds on the can at this point. By contrast I have a Specwar 556K that I use exclusively on a 10.5" sbr and it looks brand new with a similar round count. I find this odd since the Omega has a stellite blast baffle just like the Specwar.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have seen several people talk about the “erosion” they they start scraping the carbon of to reveal it’s not erosion.

I’m not worried about it as SiCo I’m sore has put a million rounds through an Omega without fail.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    I have seen several people talk about the “erosion” they they start scraping the carbon of to reveal it’s not erosion.

I’m not worried about it as SiCo I’m sore has put a million rounds through an Omega without fail.

I agree that that happens. I thought it was carbon at first too. In my case it is in fact erosion.

There's plenty of carbon on the walls and further down the baffle. The rough eroded areas are lower than the flat bare metal areas of the front of the baffle.

I'm not worried about it since it doesn't seem to be getting worse very quickly if at all with my current usage. And it's a suppressor. It's not going to last forever. And if it got really bad some day after Xthousands of rounds I'm sure Sico would help me out, assuming they're still around.

Attachment 52635

Feedback Score
    That's what mine looks like, though less severe (didn't use it on any 10" barrels). The subsequent baffles also don't look very happy. I'm going to a brake soon for the SBR's and expect that to sort it out.

I don't doubt SiCo's customer service, but I'd rather not have to use it some day.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    can you guys post pics of this erosion ?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast