Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: WANTED: Silencerco Omega 300 Owner FeedBack

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    All suppressors will erode if shot under the correct circumstances. This is not new or unique to the SilencerCo Omega. I wore a triangle shape through the baffle stack on an AAC M42000 and it sounded fine still and I only sent it back after a baffle came unwelded. Suppressors, especially if shot rapidly on shorter barreled rifles, are expendable.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmacken37 View Post
    All suppressors will erode if shot under the correct circumstances. This is not new or unique to the SilencerCo Omega. I wore a triangle shape through the baffle stack on an AAC M42000 and it sounded fine still and I only sent it back after a baffle came unwelded. Suppressors, especially if shot rapidly on shorter barreled rifles, are expendable.
    Understood- but I would like to know that SilencerCo will replace these suppressors for any reason? Or is erosion considered normal wear and tear?

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    You can check with them about their return policies but they are a great company and will likely take care of you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    Understood- but I would like to know that SilencerCo will replace these suppressors for any reason? Or is erosion considered normal wear and tear?
    I have no doubt whatsoever that they'd replace the baffles at least once if you manage to shoot it enough that it stops suppressing or starts misbehaving.

I don't think cans on SBRs necessarily *have* to be expendable. I have other cans - and have seen other cans - that have shrugged off much more severe firing schedules on the same type of rifles without any notable signs of wear.

For an SBR specifically, there isn't anything about this particular can - weight, mount, sound - that stands out enough to make me want to pick it over those others. I just don't think it's a good application for it, especially if you want to use a flash hider mount.

$900, plus a $200 stamp, the paperwork hassle, and the risk that you may be out a thousand bucks for a year and a half for nothing (they're not exactly in a hurry to return money)... If I could plonk money down on a counter and replace it same day I would just toss a bunch of rounds through it and enjoy it for what it is.
    Last edited by boltcatch; 07-10-18 at 23:13.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Not to derail my own thread but what is as light or lighter AND as short or shorter than this omega 300 that’s also rated for fa AND short barrel AND has 135db or better?

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Not to derail my own thread but what is as light or lighter AND as short or shorter than this omega 300 that’s also rated for fa AND short barrel AND has 135db or better?
    Where are you getting this 135 number? The omega is not that quiet but that number in unachievable from a gas gun. The sound may be muffled at the muzzle but it is just pushed back to the ejection port. 556 with a can is VERY loud at the shooters ear.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Where are you getting this 135 number? The omega is not that quiet but that number in unachievable from a gas gun. The sound may be muffled at the muzzle but it is just pushed back to the ejection port. 556 with a can is VERY loud at the shooters ear.
    Right here- 30 cal can on 556. ETA - 136dB

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1145075022

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    I have watched the video. The 30 cal numbers are with a bolt gun and the 556 with an AR. Both numbers were done at the muzzle.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    right- but the 30 cal suppressor on 556 were done on an AR

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    right- but the 30 cal suppressor on 556 were done on an AR
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    I have watched the video. The 30 cal numbers are with a bolt gun and the 556 with an AR. Both numbers were done at the muzzle.
    Right

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast