G&R Tactical
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: .357: ruger gp100 or Smith 686?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    The answer to the revolver question is always a S&W, or Korth. Rugers are for poverty stricken white trash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I prefer the Ruger for the ease of disassembly and tough lock up. And no ugly lock.

I had a GP100 years ago, a couple sp101's, and a couple S&W's. Had an eight shot .357 s&w, forget the model number. It was a bit big for me. Trigger wasn't very good and needed work.

It's much easier to polish parts and install lighter springs in the Rugers.

I'd like to have a match champion sp101 4 inch as a woods/travel gun. Might do it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Seems to be an applies and oranges thing. I have had both, liked both. One is more compact, one easier to conceal, etc. I ended up with the 686 4" which suits my needs as a revolver I have no plans to conceal, and prefer the extra size. Both seem pretty bomb proof build wise. Cosmetically, the 686 is better looking, but it's no Colt Python
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CDR_Glock View Post
    I have the lock on many revolvers. Where over 2000 rounds on most of them and I have never had to lock engage.

As a comment/aside to the 1911 comment:
    I have had 2 Kimber 1911s. Both were unreliable. I have phoned Wilson, and Brown, gun crafter and colt without issues though.
    I could have told ya that before you purchased. It's a mystery to me why anyone would purchase a Kimber 1911. Just sayin'
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I could have told ya that before you purchased. It's a mystery to me why anyone would purchase a Kimber 1911. Just sayin'
    I carried a Kimber compact .45 for 20 years. It'd feed all shapes and weights of ammo. Never a bobble. I used Wilson mags. Maybe Kimber's quality is declining lately?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234