Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: .357: ruger gp100 or Smith 686?

Feedback Score
    Hmm, a revolver? Lets do simple math. S&W = Revolver. :-)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Evel Baldgui View Post
    Hmm, a revolver? Lets do simple math. S&W = Revolver. :-)
    Ruger = revolver
    Colt = revolver
    Kimber = revolver

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I have heard how good Smith and Wesson triggers are and have no reason to doubt it. I have never heard of a Ruger shooting loose. I have heard of S and W ‘s shooting loose from stiff loads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    You chose wisely.

No need to ever open the side plate. 1986s4 nailed it. Do that and you’ll be fine. The 686 will be my next grail revolver. Cant go wrong with S&W.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I haven't fired it yet. I don't have any ammo except a box of .38, but I'll probably load some .357 this week.

But I tell you what, just holding onto the 686 is pretty cool. It's a real gunner's gun. Doesn't have quite the finesse of a Model 19 or Python; on the other hand, it's stouter than those without feeling brutal.

When I pick up my plastic-fantastic striker fired carry piece, it feels like a child's toy by comparison.

The six inch 686 is a gun, b'Gawd.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    I haven't fired it yet. I don't have any ammo except a box of .38, but I'll probably load some .357 this week.

But I tell you what, just holding onto the 686 is pretty cool. It's a real gunner's gun. Doesn't have quite the finesse of a Model 19 or Python; on the other hand, it's stouter than those without feeling brutal.

When I pick up my plastic-fantastic striker fired carry piece, it feels like a child's toy by comparison.

The six inch 686 is a gun, b'Gawd.
    Love my 686-4, never once any problems. One of the best things about the Smith & Wesson revolvers is the names they used to be given...686 DISTINGUISHED COMBAT MAGNUM!

Do they still do that?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jhurt View Post
    Love my 686-4, never once any problems. One of the best things about the Smith & Wesson revolvers is the names they used to be given...686 DISTINGUISHED COMBAT MAGNUM!

Do they still do that?
    They should call mine, the six inch stainless version, the "Urban Mofo." If the jack-boys come around when you're pumping gas, you just whip that out from under your coat, watch 'em poop their pants and run!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    They should call mine, the six inch stainless version, the "Urban Mofo." If the jack-boys come around when you're pumping gas, you just whip that out from under your coat, watch 'em poop their pants and run!
    Like so?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mmmmm, yeah, but I think I'd be a bit more suave than that!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Took it to the range today. I only have some factory .38 ammo, but it was an excellent experience. No complaints on the trigger, and the sights were just about perfect out of the box. The six inch barrel weight tamed the .38 stuff down to nothing, and will be nice when firing reall .357. Great gun the 686 is.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast