Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Differences in PSA LPK Triggers- markings and feel

Feedback Score

Differences in PSA LPK Triggers- markings and feel

Moment of weakness I got the Glock 17 and 3 lowers deal from PSA. Never know when Denver and CO will go full retard. Had some older PSA LPK MOE kits that I had bought a few years ago just to have around- and it seemed perfect for the three lowers. Since they were a Father's Day deal, I used them to teach my son how to assembly a lower. We got pretty good at triggers. Two LPK kits triggers weren't a problem and came in at 6-7 pounds, but pretty crisp. The third trigger acts almost like a two stage. About 6ish pounds with a few mm of travel and then a few ounces to fire. Seems almost like the disconnector is pushing the hammer more than anything else.

That trigger was in build two, and since it didn't seem right, we pulled the trigger from kit three- and it seemed fine. Put the trigger from kit two that was acting odd and put in lower three- same thing; lots of travel and a two stage feel.

We noticed the hammers looked a bit different, but the biggest thing was the good triggers had a letter (S?) stamped on the main body. You can't see it when the trigger is installed. The outlier trigger didn't have a stamped letter on it. I've installed, checked versus the other triggers and re-installed the trigger three- four times now.

The parts numbers are same on all three boxes of LPKs which were bought at the same time.

Does PSA have different LPKs?

Most of the LPKs I have don't have triggers in them, I usually go aftermarket- but with these lowers, I just wanted plain-jane standard builds. I know the mil-spec triggers will be variable and sub-optimal, but I didn't expect that big of a variance in feel and operation.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They have an EPT - polished fire control group in nickel.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Or WHEN you will get it!! Our mods should waive the requirement to contact the vender before posting complaints/issues. PSA complaints never would be heard!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    And just like that, another PSA bash thread.

OP, with the voulme they put out, they almost certainly source triggers (and LPK's) from multiple vendors. If you are not happy with the trigger, contact them.

If you're a member on TOS, post this thread in their industry forum. Since there is nothing inherently wrong with the trigger, I'm not sure how they'll respond, but see what they say; they're usually pretty good about taking care of any issues.

Feedback Score
    It really wasn't meant as a PSA bash. It is a trigger operation question. For the life of me, I seem to remember some kind of discussion about triggers that operated like this- long take up and it seems like the disconnector is pushing the trigger off. The hammer really needs to be pushed down hard to reset the trigger with the trigger pulled to the rear. It's a MIL-SPEC trigger set-up. When proprietary stuff doesn't work, or something breaks or there is an obvious issue, I understand going to manufacturer.

Like I said, I don't run a lot of mil-spec triggers and if I didn't have two other ones to directly compare it to (and three lowers to test it in), I might have assumed that was how it was supposed to work. I also haven't ruled out something that I did. Spent at least 90 minutes just on this trigger versus another- swapping lowers. Haven't mixed parts because I didn't want to mix things up.

I really didn't think that it would be a PSA discussion, outside of the trigger markings being indicative of something. Like I said, I thought I had read about triggers acting like this, but with 20 years of the interwebs discussions in google, and all the links to upgrading triggers, I couldn't find it.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    It really wasn't meant as a PSA bash. It is a trigger operation question. For the life of me, I seem to remember some kind of discussion about triggers that operated like this- long take up and it seems like the disconnector is pushing the trigger off. The hammer really needs to be pushed down hard to reset the trigger with the trigger pulled to the rear. It's a MIL-SPEC trigger set-up. When proprietary stuff doesn't work, or something breaks or there is an obvious issue, I understand going to manufacturer.

Like I said, I don't run a lot of mil-spec triggers and if I didn't have two other ones to directly compare it to (and three lowers to test it in), I might have assumed that was how it was supposed to work. I also haven't ruled out something that I did. Spent at least 90 minutes just on this trigger versus another- swapping lowers. Haven't mixed parts because I didn't want to mix things up.

I really didn't think that it would be a PSA discussion, outside of the trigger markings being indicative of something. Like I said, I thought I had read about triggers acting like this, but with 20 years of the interwebs discussions in google, and all the links to upgrading triggers, I couldn't find it.
    OP, you're good; my comments weren't directed at you.

Outside of 26 Inf, the other posters provided nothing of value to your question other than to bash PSA.

I hope someone more knowledgeable than I comes along and provides you with a substantive answer.

With that said, if you aren't happy with it, follow my suggestion and reach out to them on their industry forum on TOS. Josiah, the rep, is very helpful.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Apparent speaking the truth = bashing

PSA is like a box of chocolates because you never know what you're going to get is pretty much saying:
    Quote Originally Posted by phixion View Post

OP, with the voulme they put out, they almost certainly source triggers (and LPK's) from multiple vendors.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    They have an EPT - polished fire control group in nickel.
    And MY sample of one is excellent with right at 900 rounds thus far, fwiw.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Okay, back to triggers please.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast