Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Differences in PSA LPK Triggers- markings and feel

Feedback Score
    So I pulled the off trigger and started to swap out parts. I had found a disconnector in my parts drawer, so I started there before i parted out my DD LPK for it's trigger. Low and behold that was it. It acts like the other triggers. I thought that that that can't be it, so I swapped the old part back in and the old behavior came back. Swapped the found piece in and back to normal. I wouldn't think that the disconnector would affect the trigger that way.

Here are the disconnectors. The one on the bottom with the longer nose towards the top is the bad actor. The one on top was from my disconnector fairy that fixed it.

IMG_3636.jpg

Nice "crisp" 5lb pull, some overtravel and solid reset.
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 06-25-18 at 22:41.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looking at the disconnector and googling 'ar 15 trigger disconnector' I found this suspect:

https://www.amazon.com/AR-15-Disconn...ustomerReviews

Which in turn led me to this:

https://shop.tacticalshit.com/diconnector

Which causes me to rethink things. I'm one that doesn't get as concerned about the label, but I do draw the line at sourcing parts off Amazon. Really Bro?

Also a WMD NiB disconnector looked similar.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Nice Google-fu. It does seem that the rounded ‘hole’ radius near the top is a distinctive feature. I just never thought that the disconnect or would have that impact- by itself. I assumed the hammer/trigger sear surfaces were the main culprit. Shows what I know. Glad I had three kits to work with. If that odd one had been the only one from PSA, I would have not thought well of their LPKs. Having to swap a part isn’t good, but all three lowers look and operate well now. I’ve got 4-5 lowers that don’t have uppers now..... 224V, a dedicated 22 upper... A2 uppers are old school now....maybe time for an SBR...
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123