Thread: 2018 Summer OK Run N Gun

Feedback Score

2018 Summer OK Run N Gun

New to the site because ar15.com sucks. Banned for no reason.
    Anyway heading to the Pawnee Run N Gun on July 14th. Live north of the Tulsa area and am wondering if anyone from the area will also be going.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've been several times in the past and can't say enough good things about the match and the guys who put it on. I can't be there this July, but I have several friends that will be there. Go and kill it for we who can't go!

Feedback Score
    Wow! Just saw the 9/11 Memorial Run N Gun. Good luck!!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Hammer View Post
    Wow! Just saw the 9/11 Memorial Run N Gun. Good luck!!
    Thanks man - Pawnee is what started me down this crazy path. You'll really enjoy it!

Well, you might not enjoy it halfway through on a hot July day. But you will definitely enjoy it when it's over, and be proud of your accomplishment for the rest of your life.

Feedback Score
    I wont be there as I live in NC, but am doing the Carolina run and gun in Clinton SC in August. This will be my first RNG event so still deciding on exact gear and such. Have you run these types of events before and if so would you mind sharing what gear you use?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'll be at the Carolina event too - be sure to say "hi"! I personally use a battle belt and h-harness setup, but a lot of people use and like chest rigs too. Gear is very much a personal preference thing, and something you'll likely change around some as you do more of these and figure out what you like.

Do you know what kind of rifle and pistol you'll be using yet, or what lengh race you'll do?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    For example, here's what I carried for a 5k in Georgia this March: HSGI belt, Condor mag pouches, holster, and H-harness, AR10 and Glock 45 (I'm a glutton for punishment - most people carry .223 and 9mm).

Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Some of us carry Garands and full size steel 1911’s...
    When you're done saying what you're saying, stop saying it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    Some of us carry Garands and full size steel 1911’s...
    ...and are awesome!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt in TN View Post
    I'll be at the Carolina event too - be sure to say "hi"! I personally use a battle belt and h-harness setup, but a lot of people use and like chest rigs too. Gear is very much a personal preference thing, and something you'll likely change around some as you do more of these and figure out what you like.

Do you know what kind of rifle and pistol you'll be using yet, or what lengh race you'll do?
    Rifle is an easy choice since I only have one so that will be my M&P 15 sport II. For pistol it will most likely come down to my old faithful XDM 5.25 or my newer Sig 320X5. I have kicked around the idea of using my Sig 365 carry gun to save some weight and space but probably won't go through with that idea.

Going to be running in the 5k event. Buddy of mine is coming and running 5k also. Looking forward to it.
    Last edited by dave33; 07-10-18 at 06:26.