Thread: Warcomp vs brake and baffle life

Feedback Score

Warcomp vs brake and baffle life

Will a warcomp have any benefit for blast baffle life like a brake?

I dont know what the internal design is (is there a baffle/chamber?).
    Would it be the same as a flash hider or somewhere between a fh and brake with regards to being a sacrificial blast baffle?

Im buying a device for a 11.5” barrel and am considering a warcomp or a brake for use with a supressor.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Interested in this as well.

I think, after having run my RC2 with a CT Warcomp, that it would function the same as a typical flash hider with the can mounted. I've noticed that my RC2 has distinct carbon patern "rings" from the top ports of the Warcomp hitting the inside of the collar (for lack of a better word), so I don't think the ports are helping at all with wear on the internal baffles of the suppressor. I'm not sure how tight the clearance is between the top ports and the collar, but I'd assume not enough to make a difference.

I could be wrong though.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    The warcomp ports are completely enclosed in the mount so they won't help reduce blast baffle erosion. In fact, after extended use it's a little annoying trying to use the can on multiple hosts if you have one or more warcomps because you get carbon and copper buildup right where the ports align on the interior surface of the mount. The warcomp does not have the labyrinth seals found on the sf3p and brake, so you get a lot more buildup and crap getting blown back into the mount.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    Great info.
    I have an sf3p on my 14.5 and will be putting a brake on the 11.5..

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    The warcomp ports are completely enclosed in the mount so they won't help reduce blast baffle erosion.
    You basically explained what I was trying to say in one sentence. Thank you.

I haven't put enough rounds through the RC2 and Warcomp yet without cleaning to experience what you have, but it's definitely good info to know.