Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ive been living under a rock NF ATACR or NXS ??

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Ive been living under a rock NF ATACR or NXS ??

I have literally been living under a NF rock because I had no idea there were two 1-8 NF scopes. And I drink NF Koolaid. So why is the ATACR so much more expensive??

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Appochromatic glass and a 34mm tube. Eye box is more forgiving too from what I’ve read.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Same reason the ATCAR lineup has always been more expensive???

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Appochromatic glass and a 34mm tube. Eye box is more forgiving too from what I’ve read.
    In an ironic twist, the illumination seems to be less than the NXS version.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slateman View Post
    In an ironic twist, the illumination seems to be less than the NXS version.
    I have both and the illumination seems to be identical.

The NX8 gives you smaller diameter and length, and lighter weight. I think the reticle is also better since it's uncluttered. At 1x the image has noticeable fisheye.

The ATACR has a much more forgiving eye box and at 1x the image is distortion free. The glass is noticeably better. The reticle has wind holds if you like that.

I look at it like this: if you're an optic snob like me, get the ATACR. If it's going on a 7.62 gun, get the ATACR. If you want the best 1x performance, get the ATACR (or consider a Razor E 1-6 or Kahles K16i).

The NX8 is akin to the NXS 2.5-10x24. It has an amazing amount of capability in a tiny scope, with a few drawbacks. You'll have to decide if you can live with those.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    good feedback guys, thanks

I do very much like wind holds

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    I have both and the illumination seems to be identical.

The NX8 gives you smaller diameter and length, and lighter weight. I think the reticle is also better since it's uncluttered. At 1x the image has noticeable fisheye.

The ATACR has a much more forgiving eye box and at 1x the image is distortion free. The glass is noticeably better. The reticle has wind holds if you like that.

I look at it like this: if you're an optic snob like me, get the ATACR. If it's going on a 7.62 gun, get the ATACR. If you want the best 1x performance, get the ATACR (or consider a Razor E 1-6 or Kahles K16i).

The NX8 is akin to the NXS 2.5-10x24. It has an amazing amount of capability in a tiny scope, with a few drawbacks. You'll have to decide if you can live with those.
    YES!!! This is a great description. I have both, and I can see the differences. The ATACR is seriously a precision scope that is shrunken down to 1-8. It does everything perfect, but you pay for that as well. I love the reticle, and I wasn’t a Horus/Christmas tree reticle guy. I can say that holding for an 800 yd shot with my DD 16” 7.62 is super easy. Hold 8.8mils, hold wind and send it.
    I personally think the ATACR is BEST suited to a 7.62 vs a 5.56. Just my opinion, but, it almost seems wasted on a 5.56 because it’s so good. The NX8 is no slouch it’s own self. It’s the coolest thing going for 5.56 guns.

Love em both and couldn’t be happier with them.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 100 View Post
    I have the ATACR, it is well worth the money. Not only does it have 120 MOA of adjustment (truly over 132 MOA) but it is built like a tank. While I still prefer a Premier, S&B or USO, NightForce has really stepped the glass quality up. I gave under retail (just under $1900 for mine) it is well worth the price or even retail. I will end up buying the B.E.A.S.T. in the next year or so.
    As retail is $2800 for an ATACR 1-8 per Nightforce, where do you find on for this price? PM is fine

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegasshooter View Post
    YES!!! This is a great description. I have both, and I can see the differences. The ATACR is seriously a precision scope that is shrunken down to 1-8. It does everything perfect, but you pay for that as well. I love the reticle, and I wasn’t a Horus/Christmas tree reticle guy. I can say that holding for an 800 yd shot with my DD 16” 7.62 is super easy. Hold 8.8mils, hold wind and send it.
    I personally think the ATACR is BEST suited to a 7.62 vs a 5.56. Just my opinion, but, it almost seems wasted on a 5.56 because it’s so good. The NX8 is no slouch it’s own self. It’s the coolest thing going for 5.56 guns.

Love em both and couldn’t be happier with them.
    Vegas, I would love to pick up a DD 7.62 rifle and toss that ATACR on that beoutch. Nice work. I used to want to throw an ACOG on one, but now with these new 1-8's, that is my lustfullness. I like my 1-8 Burris XTR on my 16 Reece ish gun, but these NF pieces are another league.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I’ve played with both and the ATACR is optically superior.

The NX8 is a much more proportionate, balanced size for a 5.56 carbine. The ATACR is big, the NX8 is about the same as the NXS 1-4 but the turrets are a little bigger.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast