Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: M&P 2.0 Slide Stop Modifications to Make Right Side Engagement Easier?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

M&P 2.0 Slide Stop Modifications to Make Right Side Engagement Easier?

Questions in the title. I am hoping someone has some insight on how to get the right side (left hand) slide stop to be able to release the slide easier. I bought it thinking it would wear in, but no dice as of yet. It will not release the slide on the right side.

Has anyone gently trimmed the corners to help engage the slide stop and release the slide?

Feedback Score
    61 (100%)
    Interested in this as well. I'm right handed though, pistol has over 5k through it and I can barely drop the slide with the slide stop. Using the right side is near impossible

Feedback Score
    I'm sure it would be much easier if you removed that tab that holds the slide stop. That thing requires a lot of force to overcome, and it's redundant since there's already a spring. The design of the slide stop is one of the things I hate about the gun. I'm not sure why they designed it differently than just about every other handgun out there. I thought about removing the tab, but actually ended up removing the spring. I thought the spring might be getting in the way of the Apex trigger I was installing, and it's unnecessary because of the redundant design.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jackblack73 View Post
    I'm sure it would be much easier if you removed that tab that holds the slide stop. That thing requires a lot of force to overcome, and it's redundant since there's already a spring. The design of the slide stop is one of the things I hate about the gun. I'm not sure why they designed it differently than just about every other handgun out there. I thought about removing the tab, but actually ended up removing the spring. I thought the spring might be getting in the way of the Apex trigger I was installing, and it's unnecessary because of the redundant design.
    Interesting, this may be the answer. You mean the tiny little spring behind the tab that holds up the slide stop?

Does the slide stop still function with lock back on empty and doesn't auto-slingshot driving a mag in?

Feedback Score
    I removed material from the corner of the slide release until I could release the.slide left handed and still get the slide to lock back on an empty mag. Go slow it is easy to take too much off.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mike benedict View Post
    I removed material from the corner of the slide release until I could release the.slide left handed and still get the slide to lock back on an empty mag. Go slow it is easy to take too much off.
    I've got some spare time this weekend - I'll give a whirl and post results and pictures.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I'm curious, does the 2.0 release the slide if you forcefully insert a magazine?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by beschatten View Post
    Interesting, this may be the answer. You mean the tiny little spring behind the tab that holds up the slide stop?

Does the slide stop still function with lock back on empty and doesn't auto-slingshot driving a mag in?
    The spring I removed is the wire spring attached to the slide stop that's barely visible if you look into the chamber with the slide locked back. The tab I'm referring to is visible on the left side of the gun under the slide stop. It basically holds the slide stop up or down. I believe the reason they put it there was to prevent the slide auto releasing when a mag is slammed in. But it has so much force the left slide release is very stiff and I'm physically incapable of releasing the slide with the right one. Removing the little spring like I did didn't change the function of the gun at all, since the tab is so strong. The slide still won't auto slingshot and it's very difficult to release the slide.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    I'm curious, does the 2.0 release the slide if you forcefully insert a magazine?
    I'll try when I get home, but not from what i've ever seen. Only the p10c and the glocks do that.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    I'll try when I get home, but not from what i've ever seen. Only the p10c and the glocks do that.
    My M&P 45 Midsize does if fairly regularly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast