Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Noveske/ KAC CQB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    get off my thread! are you 12 years old? Troll?
    Not a troll, just trying to get you to acknowledge and honor your commitments. And for the record, you don't "own" a thread.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This is Ezra(Helper): I built this because I wanted a carbine/CQB hybrid. I used my 2 favorite manufactures (Knights Armament/ Noveske) to complete build. This was a build that gave me a lot of headache. It started with receiving the wrong parts and having trouble returning/exchanging them and then I broke a few upper receivers while torqueing URX. But after 60 days of buying parts and waiting, returning/ exchanging wrong parts for right parts, breaking parts and having to wait even longer, I finally got this built. Ezra is 26.15" OAL with stock collapsed and no muzzle devise so I can use a vertical grip if I want.
    Attachment 52622

Attachment 52625

Lower:
    Noveske Gen 1 lower receiver
    Novekse marked takedown/pivot pin
    Noveske rear QD end plate
    LMT buffer tube/castle nut
    Knights Armament "H" buffer
    A2 pistol grip
    Geissele Super Select Fire (SSF SOPMOD) trigger
    Knights Armament trigger guard
    Knights Armament Ambi safety selector
    SB Tactical SBA3 brace
    Continental Tool & Die LPK

What am I missing here?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    deleted.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    What am I missing here?
    https://geissele.com/super-select-fi...r-trigger.html

This gun is NOT select fire or capable of firing anything other than single fire.

To be honest, the trigger and hammer doesn't do anything if you don't have a selector that can disengage the disconnect and of coarse a sear. But none of the commercially available lower receivers have the same internal dimensions to allow a sear to be installed anyway, plus my KAC selector only has 2 positions: safe and fire. I got this used from my class III dealer in Dallas who works on a lot of LE firearms. The owner had bought a dozen out of speculation and I think who ever he intended to buy them, went a different direction. I paid $250 which is about the price of a new Geissele.

Geissele actually points out that this trigger will not allow, modify, manipulate or otherwise render a non select fire firearm from firing fully automatic. They also say that this particular trigger will not work in a non select fire weapon. It does, however its a $440 single fire trigger.

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Well, I got to shoot this rifle over the weekend. Shot it suppressed. I shot it off the side of an old county road, I was aiming for a snake, missed it by about 6 inches and ended up shooting a hole in the bottom of my Porsche. Its a long story, but the gun shot great, felt great, not a lot of recoil but does have a little kick.
    Attachment 53083
    Last edited by elephant; 07-26-18 at 01:16.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Well, I got to shoot this rifle over the weekend. Shot it suppressed. I shot it off the side of an old county road, I was aiming for a snake, missed it by about 6 inches and ended up shooting a hole in the bottom of my Porsche. Its a long story, but the gun shot great, felt great, not a lot of recoil but does have a little kick.
    Attachment 53083
    All the fails...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123