Thread: M-Lok Fore-end compatible with JP heat dissipator?

Feedback Score

M-Lok Fore-end compatible with JP heat dissipator?

I have a JP upper that I'm pretty happy with. The blend of adjustable gas, BCG, heat dissipator and brake is really a killer set-up for gaming. It is about 10 years old. I was looking at a new one and I'm not thrilled with the old style tube on the JPs and the new one isn't that much better. Looking for an easier and faster way to config the forend with stops and bipods and such. I'd like to go with an M-Lok, two things:

-I guess all M-Lok slots need a flat surface, so you'd never have a round tube, always some kind of 'stop-sign' extrusion?
    - Are there any forends that have an ID of greater than 1.375? How would the flat sides measure into it?

I know the style is to go thinner with narrow diameter tubes.

1.375 is the OD of the heat dissipator for .75 and .65 barrels.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    The ALG Defensne MLOK hand guards are roundish, definitely more round than octagonal. I have a MLOK foregrip on mine that locks up tight. ALG is a little wider in diameter than a BCM or Sionics.

NC

Feedback Score
    KAC urx4 ID is 1.53”-1.55”

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the responses. I had been using Brownells trying to parse through all the options, and they are hit or miss on IDs.

Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    KAC urx4 ID is 1.53”-1.55”
    That is a nice looking rail. Nothing like a JP-Knights hybrid to peg the cost meter!

Quote Originally Posted by nightchief View Post
    The ALG Defensne MLOK hand guards are roundish, definitely more round than octagonal. I have a MLOK foregrip on mine that locks up tight. ALG is a little wider in diameter than a BCM or Sionics.

NC
    Thanks. I contacted them and they said it is 1.46, which I guess would work, as long as the rail and the barrel are perfectly aligned. I like the price point better. The V2 is pretty much what I was looking for.

Is there a relationship between ALG and Geissele? Sort of like LMT and Knights?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Thanks for the responses. I had been using Brownells trying to parse through all the options, and they are hit or miss on IDs.

That is a nice looking rail. Nothing like a JP-Knights hybrid to peg the cost meter!

Thanks. I contacted them and they said it is 1.46, which I guess would work, as long as the rail and the barrel are perfectly aligned. I like the price point better. The V2 is pretty much what I was looking for.

Is there a relationship between ALG and Geissele? Sort of like LMT and Knights?
    ALG is run by the wife iirc.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    ALG is run by the wife iirc.
    ALG stuff seems cheaper, simpler? That is not how things would go if my wife ran anything.

ETA:

I found the Midwest "Suppressor Ready" line that that is 1.75 ID. Are there other manufacturers of "suppressor ready" rails?

https://www.midwestindustriesinc.com...-sp15m-blk.htm
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 06-28-18 at 12:45.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Suppressor ready I know Aero precision, some Seekins rails with the bar system; interchangeable barrel nut with either.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by IndustrialHalo View Post
    Suppressor ready I know Aero precision, some Seekins rails with the bar system; interchangeable barrel nut with either.
    x2 on Aero and Seekins. Pretty much any handguard that uses the BAR barrel nut should work. That includes the Aero Quantum and Enhanced, Seekins MCSR, Ergo M lok Modular rail, etc. The YHM series of rails and anything that is designed to work with their barrel nut system should also work. I think YHM is selling an M lok rail now.

The Troy Industries standard M lok handguards (both the aluminum and carbon fiber) are probably large enough to work as well, as are the Midwest Industries Suppressor handguard, and the F1 Firearms P7M. .

Faxon has a carbon fiber M lok hanguard that has a 1.5 ID, I think.