Thread: Optics

Feedback Score

Optics

Ok as some of might know I am doing an AR10 build. All AERO parts bolt, upper, lower etc... I am still waiting on the lower to come in to my FFL anyway I am starting research for a scope while I'm waiting. Looking for a good scope but, don't want to spend $1000. I'm looking at around $600 max. I have been looking at a brand I've never heard of until I bought my upper from these guys. The company is called ATIBAL. I've seen some really positive reviews on their scopes. They were really good to deal with. When I ordered my upper I had a lot of questions because honestly I am green to this platform. Anyway it doesn't mean their scopes are any good. Although I am skeptical about YouTube reviewers because a lot of times they get compensated in some way to say nice things so, which brings me to ask what is the word on ATIBAL scopes anyone have or know of someone who has one. Thanks

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    No sir.
    An unfortunate reality if scopes; you DO tend to get what you pay for.
    It is quite common, even the norm- to spend twice (or better) what your long gun cost on it's glass.

Feedback Score
    Anytime I buy glass I try to stick with a reputable company. (Leupold, Vortex, or Primary arms.)

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Swfa 3-9x42

https://swfa.com/swfa-ss-hd-3-9x42-t...iflescope.html

Hard to beat this for the money. A shooting buddy bought one and it tracks spot on dialing out to 800 yds. and has good glass. The reticle is usable. To get more, be ready to spend more.
    Last edited by Jsp10477; 06-28-18 at 12:54.
    “I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.” – Thomas Jefferson.

Feedback Score
    Here is a short review, less than 10 minutes, of a ANTIBAL which may interest the OP. This site, 704 Tactical, does reviews of good buys which are undervalued by most shooters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpUR-nYTo0s

Feedback Score
    What power range are you looking for? Primary Arms, swfa, Burris rt6/xtr, stiener p4xi saree all decent and around that price point.

If you can provide the j magnification info I can recommend a few to look into

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    This question belongs in the optics subforum. Anyway...

There is no free lunch in rifle scopes. However, Chinese stuff has gotten better, and there are some very good quality scopes out of the Philippines, though usually at nothing special prices ($500-1000). Germany and Austria dominate the luxury high end, while US-made scopes are scattered from the solid middle range (mass market Leupold) to the serious use high end (Nightforce, Leupold Mark 6/8, maybe US Optics) and Canada oddly enough has a niche in the "are you f'ing kidding me" ultra high end (Tangent Theta, ELCAN).

Anyway... like others said, what magnification range do you want? I agree 100% with the recommendations of the SWFA SS 3-9x42 and the Bushnell DMR, in their respective magnification/size/price classes. There are many other good options too. For a centerfire rifle that I am going to use at all, I would not really look at scopes under $500 or made in China, but my goals may differ from yours.