Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sicario; day of the soldado Review

Feedback Score
    A roundup of the weaponry used in the film:

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Sicario_2:_Day_of_the_Soldado

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by donlapalma View Post
    I literally just walked out of this movie tonight, but not because it was a bad movie. About 15 minutes into it, 9 kids all under the age of 12 came bursting into the theatre laughing, talking, using their cell phones, etc. They sat in the front and disrupted the whole theatre for about 10 minutes. People left to complain and a theatre employee came in which quieted the kids down for a minute, but soon after they all just got up and walked out making a ruckus on the way out. By this point, I've missed key plot points and can no longer follow the movie. I left and got my money back. Management took care of me so I'll go back later in the weekend on their dime.

Totally frustrating.
    I'm up in Flagstaff. The theatre is usually pretty quiet and (if you go to an early show) fairly empty.

Feedback Score
    Just got back from seeing it. It was good with some good action but I wasn't impressed. It could have so much better. The plot seemed rushed and I didn't like the endjjng all that much.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I'm seated center/center in the theatre and some huge, sloppy, fat guy comes with a tray of snack crap, sits at my elbot and asks me to move my tray.

Six people in the place and this guy wants to sit next to me?
    WTF?
    Bromance? LOL

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    So I got back out to the see the movie. I definitely liked it. Worth the trip, but ranks behind the original in my opinion. Many thoughts about the movie still lingering in my head which is a sign that I liked the movie enough to warrant a second viewing. Whether that happens in the theatre again is to be determined.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post

This was more gunfights and some politics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Gunfights good. Politics bad.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VARIABLE9 View Post
    Gunfights good. Politics bad.
    In retrospect, I think the first movie was about how brutal, corrupt and violent the war on drugs had become.
    The female FBI Agent wanted to play by the rules, but in the end of the movie it was clear "This is the land of wolves now."
    She became a part of the problem rather than the solution.
    The second movie was more about morality and loyalty.
    In the end, everyone touched by the situation becomes somehow infected.
    You can keep no morality on these situations, even when you do what is right, it kills you.
    All loyalty is always bargainable even to those who you are closest to.
    The complete hopelessness of the situation kills all humanity.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Save your money.

It started off really well, I liked it up to the ending, which was a let-down. How the hell did Alejandro know who shot him? Alejandro was hooded, he couldn't have seen shit. The Alejandro from the first movie would have had no problem killing the girl, he nearly killed Kate at the end. Little or no explanation for his moral quandary was presented in the sequel.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Kastl View Post
    SPOILER ALERT!!!!

Save your money.

It started off really well, I liked it up to the ending, which was a let-down. How the hell did Alejandro know who shot him? Alejandro was hooded, he couldn't have seen shit. The Alejandro from the first movie would have had no problem killing the girl, he nearly killed Kate at the end. Little or no explanation for his moral quandary was presented in the sequel.
    Agreed. The ending was terrible - not just bad, in my opinion, but terrible considering the Alejandro character. It was like they had the first 100 minutes of the movie in the can and then realized they had to end it - SPOILER ALERT!!! - so that puke kid is going to be the face of "Sicario 3"?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That kid, I just don't see a character with that type of origin transforming into a protagonist I want to watch in this film genre. If the kid had made the choice to not shoot Alejandro, then OK, I can see him as a protagonist later on that I'd enjoy watching. Obviously the crowd that's really into comic book characters will likely disagree, since this kind of villain into hero thing is common there. I enjoyed Deadpool & Suicide Squad, but that's not the same film genre as Sicario, to me. YMMV.

And the spoiled little "narco-whore" character would not be a likely success in witness protection. Nor would the powers that be in the film be likely to go along with that idea. Bad ending all around.

That said, I'd watch it again, but I won't pay to see it again in a theater. I watch almost every movie I see more than once. I see a lot, after knowing how it ends, that I missed the first time.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast