G&R Tactical
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Starting a purpose driven build

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorinInTheWoods View Post
    I would pick up a TR24 from Trijicon for the optic. The illuminated triangle is excellent and is light weight. You can find them fairly cheap now used. I typically see them for $600 used with a mount on armslist or tacswap. I would look into a 16 and put some sort of hybrid flash hider compensator like the SureFire WarComp.
    My only concern is the TR24 in low light to no light.
    "There is a savage beast in every man, and when you hand that man a sword or spear and send him forth to war, the beast stirs." -George R.R. Martin, A Storm of Swords

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Got my wife (67 yrs. old) a sig AR pistol with sig brace. She is not a crack shot nor a novice, but she tears a 4" hole in paper, cosistently at 150 yds. with brace to shoulder. She is scary accurate with brace employed. She has injured wrists as well. She would trade me before she'd trade that sig.

Feedback Score
    70 (100%)
    Sent you a PM.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    The tritium usually works pretty well on its own in low/no light and while the tritium will be washed out by a WML, you'll have a great big, thick post.
    " For Augustus, and after him Tiberius, more interested in establishing and increasing their own power than in promoting the public good, began to disarm the Roman people (in order to make them more passive under their tyranny)[.] "
    - Niccolò Machiavelli, 1520 -
    Dell'Arte della Guerra (The Art of War)

Feedback Score
    78 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    The tritium usually works pretty well on its own in low/no light and while the tritium will be washed out by a WML, you'll have a great big, thick post.
    And use a free reticle. I recently tried a red tritium reticle, and it was not useable in low light on a lighter background. I had to really focus on finding it which meant I wasn’t focused on the target/threat.
    So I’ll probably never use any tritium reticle, green or not. I’d rather buy cases of batteries.

WW you said most of her shots will be around 100 yards give or take? You could always let your mom try one of your red dots at that distance or try a 1-4 low powered scope. Do you have a 1-4 she could check out? Let me know if you don’t. There are some fairly lightweight optics out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Texas is a state of mind. Texas is an obsession. Above all, Texas is a nation in every sense of the word”. J. Steinbeck
    "Life sucks. Then you die."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123