Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help me build a "Space Gun"

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)

Help me build a "Space Gun"

Let me preface this by saying that I really don't know where to start with this project, but M4C has always been a fantastic resource.

The mission: build a reliable functioning rifle with the visual taste for 12 and 14 year old boys that play CoD (KAC URXs aren't sexy to them)

I'm starting with a Colt OEM and limiting the "pizzazz" to furniture only for obvious reasons but I don't know who of the *ahem* "more creative" hand guard makers are worth looking at. Scrolling though Rainier Arms, I see stuff from Vella, Strike Industries, Battle Arms Development and Fortis that might fit the bill but I have no experience with these or similar brands. Since you guys tend to be more critical of products I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
    Last edited by Sry0fcr; 01-11-18 at 14:57.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score

You mean like this?

https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/t5...60178944_n.jpg

Yes, that's a build I have in progress.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Is this a 'just for fun/aesthetic' build or do you have a specific purpose for this rifle in mind? There is 'space gun' stuff out there that is more look than performance, or even detracts from performance; and there is stuff that looks cool and functions well too.
    Based on my limited experience, Battle Arms Development products don't compromise utility/function for the sake of looking cool - I'd start there.

Feedback Score
    Use that hardguard with the weird claws up front. It's by Kinetic something.

On the other hand if you want to impress the CoD crowd, the only answer is a complete HK416/MR556.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Cerakote it white except the barrel. Make it look like a honey badger or something. Color fill roll marks/safety red/yellow/electric blue.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    Is this a 'just for fun/aesthetic' build or do you have a specific purpose for this rifle in mind? There is 'space gun' stuff out there that is more look than performance, or even detracts from performance; and there is stuff that looks cool and functions well too.
    Based on my limited experience, Battle Arms Development products don't compromise utility/function for the sake of looking cool - I'd start there.
    The purpose is to get my boys online with their own rifles and keep them interested in shooting. The guns can look "cool" but they still need to be able to run. That said, for now they're range guns I don't need to worry about stuff getting hung up on their plate carriers or getting run over by a truck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    The purpose is to get my boys online with their own rifles and keep them interested in shooting. The guns can look "cool" but they still need to be able to run. That said, for now they're range guns I don't need to worry about stuff getting hung up on their plate carriers or getting run over by a truck.
    Why not have the boys customize their own guns like they do in the game? A huge part of these games is upgrading your kit.

Sit down and have them pick parts they like, then assemble and paint them to their taste.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    ARMS SIR rails look all futuristic but they are stupid expensive and they suck

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    In my experience, if you have to do something "unusual" to get them or keep them interested in shooting...it's already a lost cause. The kids that are actually interested in shooting will be clamoring to do it regardless of what the rifle looks like.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911-A1 View Post
    Why not have the boys customize their own guns like they do in the game? A huge part of these games is upgrading your kit.

Sit down and have them pick parts they like, then assemble and paint them to their taste.
    This is an excellent idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    In my experience, if you have to do something "unusual" to get them or keep them interested in shooting...it's already a lost cause. The kids that are actually interested in shooting will be clamoring to do it regardless of what the rifle looks like.
    True, but his idea surely won't hurt.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast