Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Starting a purpose driven build

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue556 View Post
    The Gold Dots wouldn't be a bad choice, but you may also consider the 77gr TMK if you don't need something barrier blind. From everything I've seen the TMK seems to dump energy quite well and does so early. Biggest down side would be cost I think.
    She has line of sight out to about 150 yards in the front, 200 on one side, and about 250 through a horse pasture on the other. About 30 yards before it gets into brush in the back also. I don't think she will be firing into the woods, but I wouldn't discount it either.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    It's a 1/8 twist. Thanks to Steve-O-, I went with a complete Sionics Patrol 3 upper with a 15" Keymod rail. I will post pictures of the build when I get home. It turned out very nice IMO. I am just not an ammo expert, and wanted some feedback from you fine people.

That would make things easier because I already have a few hundred rounds, I was just weary if it would work on 4 legged animals.
    Sounds like you have a nice setup. I suspected Steve-O was going to do you a good deal on a Sionics barrel and you got an entire upper. I’d give Barnes 70gr TSX a go and 77 Mk262.

Can’t wait to see pics... but dang brother keymod???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Sounds like you have a nice setup. I suspected Steve-O was going to do you a good deal on a Sionics barrel and you got an entire upper. I’d give Barnes 70gr TSX a go and 77 Mk262.

Can’t wait to see pics... but dang brother keymod???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It's MLOK, I'm not sure why I said Keymod
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Okay so I was able to get to the range last weekend and get the gun (semi) dialed in. As it is, I am completely finished building it and piecing it together. Here is what I used;
    Lower:
    Stripped Centurion Arms M4C lower
    Geisselle lower parts kit
    ALG defense ACT trigger
    BCM mod 3 grip
    Magpul QD mount
    BCM buffer tube with H2 buffer and spring
    Magpul SL-K stock

Upper:
    Complete 16" Sionics Patrol 3 upper
    15" Sionics MLOK rail
    Arisaka defense MLOK Scout mount
    Stream light Pro Tac HLX 1000 lumen model
    Cloud defensive pressure switch mount
    BCM KAG grip
    Steiner PX4i 1-4x
    Midwest industries mount

https://flic.kr/p/QJj1fA
    https://flic.kr/p/2cS2XgP

I zeroed it in about 3 rounds at 50 yards using Remington Fusion .223 62gr because it is abundant to me locally and there has been some very positive reviews on here about it. My phone was dead for the 50 yard target, so I was unable to get a picture of it, but I was happy with the final group as all rounds were damn near touching at 50 yards. I then moved out to 200 with it to confirm, and see how well I could group it. I feel like I did okay, and I made a few adjustments and called it decent for now. The gun could definitely out shoot me. The ALG trigger was good, but I was not blown away by it yet.
    Final 200 yard group on the left side
    https://flic.kr/p/2cMGD5w

I would like to thank everyone who helped and added to this build. All the time and knowledge really helped me, and helped influence every step of this build. Thanks again to Steve-O- for helping me with the upper purchase, Robert and everyone else who truly helped out. I am happy with the results, but I feel as i become a better shooter i can tighten that 200 yard group up. Hopefully my Mom appreciates it!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234